54. She is my life

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

After a little while the wooden door opened again and a stressed Kiara walked inside. She sat down on the bed immediately, her head in her hands.

"What happened?", I asked the girl that looked completely anxious.

Rafe sighed as Kiara didn't reply at all. How could a person be this stubborn, we were literally all she had left.

"You're gonna have to talk to us at some point. Okay?", Rafe explained slightly annoyed.

The brown-haired girl send my boyfriend a warning look, "Do I have to remind you of everything you've done?".

My eyes went over to my boyfriend who let out a deep sigh, this wouldn't go well. Why was everyone bringing us into situations like this? Everything was going perfectly.

"You killed Peterkin. Do you remember that? And everything you're put Sarah through or the things you let Leo do to Maddy", Kiara explained and I could see a vein pop up on Rafe's forehead.

"Peterkin, I was protecting my father, okay? I did what I had to, so- don't", Rafe stuttered sitting down on one of the cushion chairs, "I'm as much a victim as she is".

No one said a thing, I looked at the floor as well. I knew why Rafe did that and I would have probably done the same thing.

"No? Think about it. Okay? What did I get from shooting Peterkin, huh?", Rafe asked getting back up, "Nothing. Okay? I had nothing against her. I mean, I- I liked her. You think I wanted to make that choice, huh? What I did was a gift from me to my father for- for him, and I got screwed because of it, okay? So don't get that look when I say I'm a victim, alright? I am!"

After a few moments of silence, Rafe's and my eyes met and I could see the guilt behind them, I could see that he wasn't done with his rant.

"I will admit, though, what I did to Sarah in the basement and what I let Leo almost do to Maddy. What he tried to do to her, I admit that I was trying my best and that it was wrong to let him even touch her at all. I know that, all right?", Rafe stuttered a few tears running down his cheek, "So you don't have to remind me".

Rafe then proceeded to hit his head, making me get up to grab his hand.

"Babe, stop", I whispered taking his hands in mine gently.

"Oh god", Kiara muttered annoyed.

"She was family and Maddy, she is my life. I should have never locked her in and let him touch her, you know? I just sometimes lose control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened. I'm trying- I'm trying ot get better", Rafe rambled.

I wrapped my arms around him letting him softly cry. Till this very moment, I never knew Rafe felt guilty for what Leo did. I never knew that he even made himself responsible for that night, when all he did was save my life.