10. He deserved it

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

I woke up with a smile on my lips, it was one of my favorite days of the year, a day before midsummer which equals to dress shopping with Sarah.

The sun was shining outside when I sat up and I could hear the waves crash into the beach, just like every morning. I took a second to breathe in the warm salty air before getting out of my bed, throwing the covers off my body.

I walked over to my balcony and leaned onto the railing of it, staring out at the beautiful blue clear water. The waves weren't as high, perfect for a little dip into the water.

I quickly slipped on my favorite bikini which was a basic black two-piece set along with a long see-through cover-up skirt. Before walking downstairs I grabbed a towel and made my way down. My parents were gone, I assumed and Leo was also nowhere to be seen.

I stepped out into our backyard and walked over the grass until my feet hit the warm sand. I smiled to myself placing the towel and my other belongings down before dropping my skirt to the floor.

I glanced back towards our house but it still seemed empty, like always.

The water finally hit my feet which made a shiver erupt on my entire body, even though it had been incredibly hot in the Outer Banks, the water was still a bit freezing in the morning. It wasn't too cold, more like the perfect wake-up temperature.

My feet sunk a little into the wet sand underneath me as I kept walking further into the sea. Just as the water had reached my belly button I kicked off and started to swim a little.

The water felt like silk on my body as I swam through it, the sun was keeping me heated up even though the water was cold. I held my breath before taking a quick dive to wet my hair and get the rest sleepiness out of my face.

Before swimming back to the shore I let my body float through the salty water, taking a little bit of the sun in. Living in Outer Banks was like living in paradise, it had always been my favorite place to be and I could never imagine living somewhere else.

The sand stuck to my wet feet as I walked out and grabbed all my belongings. I wrapped the towel around my body while walking up to our backyard.

To my surprise my mother was standing outside waiting for me to reach her, she had her arms crossed over her chest which could be her natural posture or mean that she was pissed.

"Good morning Madison", she smiled in a rather nice tone.

"Good morning, Mom", I smiled up at the woman who I had tried to impress my entire life.

"Are you still going shopping with Sarah today?", she asked, her voice turning soft, I let out a silent breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Yes, I wanted to meet up with her in a little bit, why?"