19. I never wanna feel like that again

Rafe's POV

Rafe's POV

My heart dropped when Madison stepped out of her house, the warm light behind her making her appear even more like an angel. She had slipped on a baby blue summer dress that fitted her curves perfectly and made her tan stick out beautifully.

Her light hair was arranged perfectly and stopped just underneath her ribcage. Her bright blue eyes looked back at me and I noticed the freckles around her nose and cheek area had increased from the sunlight. Her plump lips were painted in a beautiful light red.

Her make-up was decent which I loved about her but I still felt bad since she wasn't able to cover up her puffy red eyes. She had probably been crying for hours because of me and I couldn't even blame her.

I felt horrible for what I had said to her but I regret it immediately, sometimes it feels like I have two persons living in my body. One side is me and the other side is someone else, a darker version of myself.

It was probably from the amount of drugs that I was doing but it helped, it helped to numb everything and to not care about a single thing in the whole world. I loved and hated it at the same time because even though I wanted to care for nothing there was one thing that I wanted to care for.

Her.

"You look beautiful", I smiled down at the beautiful girl that made my heart flutter.

"Thank you", she smiled weakly, her cheeks blushing a little bit making her look even more beautiful.

"Come on", I instructed and took the girl's hand carefully.

Maddy hesitated for a second before interlacing her fingers with mine, the sensation of her skin on mine gave me chills.

I guided the two of us over to my car and opened the door for her. My mother was always about treating a woman like a princess and that's one of the things I tried to live up to, whenever I found someone that made my heart beat just a little faster.

My mother loved Maddy from the day she first stepped into our home, her passing away was hard on all of us but she kept living in our memories.

"You okay?", Maddy asked breaking my thoughts and making me look up to the girl.

"Oh yeah sorry, just lost in thoughts", I mumbled before closing the car door for her and climbing into the driver's side of the car.

I started the motor and drove towards the port of Outer Banks, a lot of huge boats started coming into our view as soon as I parked the car.

"The port? You don't wanna run away, do you?", Maddy asked a small smirk playing on her plump lips.

"No, come on, it's a surprise", I smiled and got out of the car before hurrying over to her side and helping her step out.

This night was warm, the warmth of the sun was still locked into the wooden path making it appear even warmer. The air smelled like salt and sunscreen, one of my favorite things in the whole world.