11. You are always beautiful

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

I was sitting on Rafe's bed, waiting for the boy to finish getting ready while I was scrolling through my phone. Sarah had been ignoring me for two hours now, she definitely ghosted me for no other person than John B.

It kind of hurt thinking, that my best friend would just ghost me for a random guy she picked up from the street but that was Sarah Cameron. She had a good heart so I bet she had a good excuse as to why she was ignoring my texts and why she ghosted me on our favorite day.

Rafe came out of his bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his hips, I couldn't help but stare at his chest. He had a nice six-pack and big muscular arms, I am a sucker for muscular arms.

His hair was still wet, hanging loosely around his face as it parted into a middle part, which I definitely preferred over the slicked-back look he went for a few weeks ago.

"I like your new hairstyle", I muttered looking up at the Cameron boy with a smile.

"Yeah? I wasn't quite sure if it's good because I'm always scared that it makes my hair look greasy", Rafe explained turning to his mirror to apply some sunscreen on his face.

"Nah, it looks a lot better than your slick back hair", I explained, my eyes not leaving the boy. He had his back turned towards me which was a dream. He literally looked like a god and for some reason, a warm feeling erupted in my stomach.

"Thank you princess", Rafe smirked looking at me through the mirror.

I got up from his bed after we held eye contact for a little bit too long and wandered around the boys' room. His room was like every ordinary teenage boy's room, there were some trophies standing on the dresser as well as some pictures.

I noticed a picture of him, Sarah, Leo, Topper, Kelce, and I. I smiled at the memory of the midsummer festival last year, it was one of the best nights I had ever experienced. The six of us were sneaking alcohol around and got shit-faced while dancing on the beach.

"You remember that day?", Rafe asked, I could feel him stand right behind me, his hot breath fanning over my shoulder. I could smell his perfume and body lotion since he was standing so close to me.

"Like it was yesterday", I smiled placing the frame back onto the wooden dresser.

"It was my favorite midsummer", Rafe explained still not moving from his spot behind me.

"Mine too, I remember how we all danced together, we were all happy back then", I smiled softly at the memories replaying over and over in my head.

"I can't wait for this midsummer tho", Rafe explained and before I knew it, his body was walking away from mine, leaving a cold feeling in me.

He grabbed a pair of shorts along with a dark green polo shirt and put them on before turning back towards me. The dark green made his tan stick out even more, I really needed to stop drooling.