62. Something or Someone

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"What?", Rafe asked immediately getting up to look at me. I knew what he was thinking and I knew he would freak out. 

"Rafe uhm, something happened on the boat we took when we left Outer Banks", I started explaining fumbling with the soft fabric in my hands. I wasn't able to look at him. 

"What the fuck are you talking about Maddy?", he asked getting louder. 

I was scared of the Rafe that might come through today, the Rafe that was able to shoot someone without a single moment of doubt. 

"He uhm he saved me from my dad, he tried to kill me", I started explaining feeling hot tears on my cheeks, "My dad he - he choked me and then JJ came to help me". 

I could hear Rafe's breath quicken, his eyes were burning into my skin. 

"He kissed me", I choked out, looking up at him. 

"He kissed you?", Rafe asked bending down to my level. 

I nodded not getting a word out. Without another second passing, Rafe grabbed my chin harshly making me look up at him. 

"Explain", he ordered.

"He kissed me, it wasn't a real kiss it was more of a peck and I didn't even kiss him back or anything. It was a goodbye kiss", I explained feeling his hand grip my chin tightly. 

"And you're just telling me now? After everything?", Rafe asked and I could hear the anger in his voice. 

"I didn't know if-"

"You didn't know if it was relevant that you kissed your previous fuck buddy?", he yelled. 

I felt how my body was in fear, he let go of my face rather harshly making me fall back slightly. Rafe got up and grabbed his stuff. 

"What are you doing?", I asked while tears kept running down my face. 

"I'm leaving, god I'm sick of seeing you right now. Don't come home tonight", he explained before he jumped off the boat and walked to his car. 

I could hear his car door slam shut and within minutes he was off. 

Well, that didn't go as planned. I kept sitting on the boat, face in my hands as I cried hot tears. What the fuck was that? 

Fuck. 

After my little cry session, I decided it was the best idea to go home. Luckily the walk to our house wasn't that far from the dock so after I calmed down I started my way. 

Fuck.

How was I supposed to make him calm down?

-

Rafe's POV

After last nights fight with Maddy I was still furious. Of course, she didn't do anything wrong, he kissed her but she should have told me earlier. She had been lying to me for one and a half months.