38. He's got you fooled

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

After last night's events, Rafe took me to his house and basically dragged me into his room. There was no use in arguing with him since he was high out of his mind.

All I wanted was for him to stop being so fucking paranoid about JJ and I. 

I sighed as I woke up. Rafe was nowhere to be seen and for some reason, I had already known that he wasn't going to be there when I woke up. I sat up in his bed, glancing around the room of the boy that I loved. 

Something was different, something changed after the Bahamas and I couldn't tell you what it was, was it the fact that John B was back? 

I pulled my knees up to my chest, resting my head on it while I rubbed my sore arms. Rafe really did have a strong grasp when he was on cocaine, for some reason it made an unappealing feeling spread in my chest. 

He was way stronger than I was. 

After a few more minutes of silence, I decided it was time to get home and leave the empty room. 

I pulled on my outfit from yesterday and snatched one of Rafe's shirts pulling it over my head and tugging it into my shorts. After that, I quickly brushed my teeth and my hair pulling it up in a messy ponytail. 

I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my phone quickly typing down a message for my boyfriend. 

'I'm leaving, thanks for saying goodbye'

I rolled my eyes as I left the Cameron boy's room, shutting the door behind me and walking down the stairs towards the front door. 

Before opening it I listened to my surroundings, it sounded like there was no one there. Weird. 

I decided to shrug it off, starting my walk over ot our house, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but whatever. 

After about twenty minutes of walking, I reached the big white house on Figure eight, there were no cars parked outside. Luckily no one was home, I was not really looking forward to talking to anyone of my family right now.

I walked into the house and just like always, everything was in its spot, exactly where it belonged. It was weird that no one was home these days, usually, I had one guard dog watching over my every step. 

I decided to brush it off once again and made my way up to my room, where I changed into something more fresh since I was still in the clothes from yesterday. 

I put on some random jersey shorts as well as a cute white top with flowers on it as well as my usual sneakers. I braided the two front parts of my hair just like Kie does it from time to time, it always looked so beautiful on her. 

After successfully getting ready I pulled out my phone only to see I had zero messages. I sighed and fell back down on my bed, staring at the ceiling above me.