64. This night two years ago

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

It's been a day since the incident at Rafe's party, and yes I was heartbroken. Would I show it? No. My parents taught me better. 

I was sitting in the kitchen, looking out at the ocean from our dining table. My laptop was opened in front of me, actually, I wanted to do some research on how to invest all the money we made and how to take care of it. 

But my mind kept drifting away, my eyes were focused on the ocean. Where did I go wrong? When was that moment where I made the wrong turn? The wrong decision. 

Was it too late to go back? 

Obviously the answer was yes. I couldn't go back to a normal life, and neither did I want to. I loved the power I had and I didn't want to return it for anything in the world. 

The sound of a key opening the front door made me turn around in the chair I was sitting in. Who would come here? 

My parents were still on the island and haven't even tried to talk me out of shit. They didn't care, they probably were happy that this was now my problem. And well Leo wasn't capable of doing anything anymore. 

Soon the person walked into the living room. It was no one other than Rafe, holding a huge Bouquet that covered almost his entire upper body. 

"Maddy", he said and walked up to me, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry fuck. I hate myself for even thinking about doing anything. I know you didn't do anything to trigger this kiss and I am sorry for acting the way I did"

"Good. Well, it did hurt me Rafe but at least nothing happened. But if anything like this happens again, I'm gone with half the money", I explained looking up at him. 

"I know. I should have never risked losing you. I need you more than anything else. I hope you can forgive me", Rafe explained getting down on his knee to be on eye level with me. 

"Fine. I forgive you", I said after looking at him for some time. 

Rafe then grabbed my chin softly and placed his lips on mine, "I love you".

"I love you too"

I was still mad about what Rafe did but what could I do? He was everything I had left and mistakes can be made. If he would have actually hooked up with Sophia this whole thing would have looked different trust me. 

"So, uhm I went to the town to get the flowers and I walked into Mike and Anna, they're throwing their anniversary party this afternoon. We're invited", Rafe explained while putting the flowers away and grabbing a drink from the fridge. 

"You wanna go?", I asked closing my laptop. 

"Yeah, could be fun. You know, we haven't gone out in a long time", Rafe explained, leaning onto the table, "And since it's your birthday tomorrow, maybe we can celebrate until you turn 19".