26. Pro active type of person

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

The time seemed to stand still, the loud bang still rang through the air as we all stopped moving. It almost felt like the loud sound had ripped the time apart making it unable for any of us to react.

Before I knew it, I saw Sheriff Peterkin drop to her knees, and I felt my feet hit the ground again as I ran over ot the scene.

John B had Sarah pulled into his chest tightly as my father helped Ward stand up, while the Sheriff was laying on the ground.

My eyes wandered around the scene before my gaze landed on my brother and then on Rafe, who was holding a gun with a smirk on his face and tears in his eyes, "I saved you, dad".

My stomach turned as I felt like I was going to faint, "Rafe?", was all I managed to get out. The attention from everyone was now on me while I watched in horror as the Sheriff started coughing.

"Hey, hey, hold still. It's okay, where is it?", John B immediately asked, taking action while everyone else was still in shock.

John B kept muttering that he was sorry while he tried stopping the wound from bleeding by pressing his signature bandana on it. "Call", the Sherrif managed to get out and I immediately grabbed my phone which I luckily had with me.

"Hey wait!", Leo yelled grabbing my arm harshly while Rafe was still pointing the gun towards John B who tried grabbing the police radio.

"Rafe no!", Ward yelled while Leo kept his hands around my arms, struggling to take the phone from me while I started dialing 911.

"Rafe stop it, John B give me the radio", Ward instructed taking action now himself.

"Madison stop", my brother yelled getting my father's attention.

"No, he shot her!", I yelled tears streaming down my face.

"He didn't he, he protected us", my father explained while he tried grabbing my phone but luckily to the drugs I managed to escape my brother's grip.

"He didn't! He shot her!", I yelled, and before I knew it my father's arms were around me trapping me, and even though I was kicking he wouldn't budge.

Leo quickly grabbed my phone smashing it on the ground as I started to cry more, "What are you doing?".

My gaze fell on the other scene that was happening on the start field as John B started running. Sarah managed to jump against her brother and holding him back as well as her father. If I wouldn't have been trapped myself I would have helped her immediately but my father wouldn't budge.

There were two more gunshots ringing through the air and now it was my brother firing them at John B. "Leo, no!", I yelled tears streaming down my cheeks.

My father finally let me go as I ran over to the Sheriff where Sarah was already seated, "I'm sorry", I muttered as well as the girl next to me.

The two of us were crying and even though this couldn't get any worse, having her by my side made me feel a lot calmer. With my one hand, I grabbed Sarah's who squeezed mine immediately.