6. You Kooks and your fucked up morality

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"Yeah, Topper told Ward and now John B is fired", Sarah explained to me over my speaker.

I was currently on my way to end things with a certain blonde-haired Pogue boy, even though I really didn't want to. My heart ached a little and my hands were sweaty during the drive.

"Fuck really?", I asked staring ahead the road.

"Yes, I need to talk to Topper he seriously has a jealousy problem", Sarah muttered, I hummed as a response, Topper really did have a jealousy problem, "Anyway are you nervous?"

"Yeah very", I answered not wanting to think about what I was about to do. It was the right decision and had to be done, no one would ever understand and I bet they'd go crazy so better end things now, before it's too late.

"You got this Mads", Sarah said and I could hear the smile in her voice, her words made my stomach feel a bit warmer, I got this.

"Okay S, I'm there I'll see you at the beach", I said and hung up after hearing the goodbye from my best friend.

I took a deep breath in while putting my car into park on the dirt trail that led to the Routledge boys' house, which I had been at so many times the past month.

When I arrived at the house I could hear loud talking from no other person than JJ.

"Sorry Pope but I wasn't ready to take little mental pics in my head, I could have died", the boy rambled taking a drag from his vape.

I didn't know how to make myself known but Kiara's eyes caught mine.

"Well if that isn't the Kook princess herself", she smirked making me roll my eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for JJ", I explained gaining a few disgusted looks from the blonde's friends.

"Seriously? Do you two have to fuck right now? We're all here", Pope groaned letting his head fall back onto the couch he was sitting on.

"No, that's not what I'm here for", I explained calmly looking at the boy I had to talk to.

"I'll be right back guys", JJ answered as he saw the look on my face, he knew something was up and I could tell he was worried now as well.

He hurried down the wooden stairs that led up to the house and walked over to me placing his hand on my shoulder, shivers erupting right there where his touch was. Wait, why was my body acting this way?

"Hey, what's wrong? I tried calling you multiple times", JJ said his voice now a lot more quiet, he clearly didn't want his friends to hear.

"I know, I saw but we have to talk JJ", I explained while stepping out of his touch, it made me nervous and honestly his touch made me rethink my decision but I couldn't change it anymore. I had to end it for the sake of my family and friends.