25. Baby Steps

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

I was cleaning up the house a little since the two guys I was, unfortunately, staying with were still knocked out on the couch and clearly unable to clean their mess. I didn't clean because of them but for Rose's sake.  

Imagine coming into one of your houses and it is completely trashed because your stepson and his best friend took a severe amount of drugs in it. 

I groaned while picking up the last few beer bottles that were laying around. 

"Good morning beautiful", a familiar voice behind me said, making me turn around to look at him with raised eyebrows, "What's up with the frowny face?". 

"I swear to God, this place was such a mess because of you two", I muttered not really wanting to start an argument right now. 

"Why are you, mad Baby? You didn't have to clean for us. Leo and I are big guys, you know that", Rafe chuckled while wrapping his arms around me and placing soft kisses on my forehead. 

"Are you sure about that?", I asked half-joking and half-serious. 

"I am sorry okay? I know I am a fucking mess right now and I will try and get better, alright? Let me figure this shit out with my dad and as soon as he lets me live in the house again, I'll work on my issue, okay?", Rafe asked while I could see how his eyes started to get dilated again. 

Was he seriously already high? 

"Rafe, this is getting out of hand. You need to stop doing this shit. It will mess with you, long term", I explained growing tired of the topic. 

I know acting like I was mad at him was probably not the best idea but I was getting frustrated, all he did was drugs. When in reality I was just scared of losing him. 

"I know, I know. I - Uhm- I will only smoke weed today, how about that? Baby steps", he explained with a proud smirk. 

It wasn't exactly what I had intended on while starting this conversation but at least he wouldn't do cocaine today. 

"Yeah, uhm, I guess that's better". 

Almost on cue, Leo stood up from the couch he slept on and greeted the two of us. "What's up you two", my brother greeted while wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

"Good morning L", I smiled up at my older brother. 

"Bro you wanna hit it?", Rafe asked my brother pointing over to the bong that was standing on the table outside. 

"Can you read my mind?", Leo laughed before the two guys went outside. 

I just rolled my eyes at them and quickly finished throwing the rest away which was still laying around. After I had managed to clean the kitchen neatly, I decided to get ready at least a little bit. 

I wasn't planning on spending another night here at the 'trap house', since it was actually a beautiful day. 

After I showered and did some light skin care with the very few things I had taken with me. I put on a flowery light purple skirt along with a white cropped top. I smiled at myself actually feeling really pretty in my outfit.