37. P4L

Maddy's POV 

Maddy's POV 

The next few days turned out the same as always, school, coming home to do homework, and then laying out by the pool. It seemed like time had collapsed into an endless circle that was repeating itself over and over again. 

Rafe had returned yesterday but something about him was off, like really off. He was doing drugs again like there was no tomorrow, and for some reason, he started acting like a big asshole again. 

The guy that told me he would get married to me seemed to be gone, again. 

We haven't really hung out since his return because of the way he was acting. Yesterday when they arrived home, he basically crashed immediately and I could barely talk to him, I mean he was hella high anyway. 

Today he decided to go to the country club and day drink with his boys since he hadn't seen them in ages. I sighed at his decision but he kept promising that we would hang out tomorrow. 

Today was Saturday and I started my day by just laying around and enjoying the warm weather. I needed this weekend to recharge, this week had been a roller coaster and just thinking about the next week and the math test I needed to take, made me want to roll into a ball. 

But right now all that mattered was the UV Index being 10. 

My sunglasses protected my eyes while the soft breeze of the air coming from the waves was cooling my body down from time to time. 

It was peaceful in our house today, Leo was with Rafe, my father, and my mother were actually on a trip by themselves. I mean go them, I had the house to myself and I loved it. 

After soaking up the sun for a few more hours I decided I needed to get out of the sun before I would get a headache. I quickly went upstairs and hopped into the shower, washing off the sweat and sunscreen that was sticking to my tan skin. 

I washed my hair, afraid the salty water or the pool water would damage it. 

After I stepped out of the shower I applied some after-sun lotion and quickly did my makeup just a tiny bit with some sunscreen, brow gel, and lip balm. 

I slipped on a pair of dark jean shorts, a white crochet top as well as my white bikini underneath. I brushed my hair and decided to leave it to dry naturally and I slipped on my white Converse.

After applying deodorant and perfume I grabbed my phone and cash before heading downstairs. I grabbed my keys and started my walk through Outer Banks. It was now around noon and the sun had finally stopped burning my scalp as I made it to the small shop by the docks. 

I had decided to grab my favorite ice cream which was only available here, for some reason. It was a watermelon-flavored gift from god. 

I placed the ice cream down on the counter, the cashier already remembering me and actually giving it to me for free.