60. We're going to hell

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

Rafe and I were standing by the bar at the Country Club. He was sipping on some bourbon and I was drinking a glass of champagne.

Right now the cross was being stolen and the two of us were out in public, in case we needed an alibi.

Rafe smiled while he made small talk with some guys from the golf field, that had just returned. I smiled at them, not tuning into their conversation.

My eyes wandered around the room. The same faces. There were always the same faces here. No matter at what time, no matter what day, they were always here.

Would we end up just like them? No, we wouldn't, because Rafe and I were about to make millions and we could buy this fucking country club without a doubt.

I felt Rafe's arm around my lower back, making me snap back to the current moment. I sipped on my glass, feeling the sparkling cold liquid run down my throat.

"Madison, are you in your last year of school?", one of the guys asked.

"Yeah, I transferred to online school due to everything that went down and since I had to catch up so I might graduate earlier than the rest", I explained proudly.

"Well, you were always ahead by one step, weren't you?", the other guy chuckled.

I had known them my whole life, like the rest of the people around here. Especially the ones that were around our age. They knew I had always been the Kook princess and I would forever keep that name.

"Yeah, you know me", I smiled proudly.

"That's my girl", Rafe smiled placing a kiss on my cheek.

Today was all about being seen together. Being seen so that no one would suspect us stealing the cross from our family.

"Anyways you two, we gotta go", one of the guys said and within a few minutes the two were gone, leaving Rafe and I standing alone.

The two of us had just finished our glasses when the news showed up on the TV screen. Rafe asked me if I wanted anything to drink and I told him I wanted another glass.

My eyes wandered from the screen hanging in the far right corner of the room, to my boyfriend standing at the bar. I could see his big smile, showing off his white teeth.

My heart sank a little when I saw him talking to Sofia. If you don't remember Sofia, let me give you a quick recap.

She was the bitch flirting with him by the bonfire. She seemed to not have learned her lesson.

What was making me question everything more was the fact that Rafe seemed to have a good time with her. His eyes focused on her only while she giggled at something he had said.

Interesting.

Was Rafe really happy? Or was I just too blended to realize that my boyfriend was interested in another girl?