55. I'll take care of you, all right?

Maddy's POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Maddy's POV

As soon as we've made it onto the truck we spotted a man, well the man spotted us and immediately charged at us. I jumped back slightly, letting my boyfriend handle the situation.

Rafe started to hit the man, immediately gaining control over the situation. "Rafe!", Kiara yelled, shocked by the action that was taking place in front of our eyes.

I knew it was wrong but I just wanted to get out of there, I would do anything.

Rafe and the man started to roll around, hitting each other until Rafe grabbed the man by his collar and arms and threw him off of the truck.

"Don't", Kiara yelled but let her voice die down immediately, knowing it wouldn't change anything in the situation right now.

The three of us took a deep breath in, looking at each other.

"Don't give me that look, Kiara. You know I couldn't do anything else, he immediately went for us", Rafe explained, walking over to the other end of the truck.

There was a dark blue plastic cloth laying on top of the hay.

"We definitely need to hide, we will soon pass the gates", Rafe explained grabbing my hand.

I let him lead me over to him, looking back at Kiara who was still in shock, "Come on Kie or we will be back in that small as room sooner than you think".

Kiara seemed to agree with my words and the three of us quickly hid underneath the cloth. Rafe pulled me close to him, my back pressed against his chest while Kiara faced the two of us.

We felt how the truck got slower, signaling us that we were probably about to pass the gate. Neither of us dared to even breathe, as we just laid there.

"Yes my friend", a man yelled as soon as the truck came to a halt. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping I could just go home finally.

There were a few moments of silence and you could hear two pairs of footsteps walk around the truck. I felt sweat dripping from my forehead due to the fact that it was so fucking hot but also because I was so anxious.

My heart was pounding in my chest and all I wanted was for this nightmare to be over. I was exhausted from the running and the sleepless night.

"Yeah, all clear", the same man yelled again making me feel some sort of relief.

"Let them through!", another man yelled, and before I even knew the truck started moving again.

The three of us stayed underneath the cloth for another good 5 minutes, scared that Singh's man would see us. Luckily no one saw us as soon as we lifted the cloth.

We all breathed in deeply, letting the fresh air refill our lungs, my head immediately cooling down.

"I told you we just had to work together", Rafe explained looking a Kiara who just looked at my boyfriend and I with disgust.

Angelic - Rafe Cameronजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें