4. To losing your virginity

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

I groaned as the sun hit my eyes that morning, images from last night flashing back into my mind. I buried my face deeper in the sheets, not wanting to face anyone in my family. 

Rumors about a gun at the party had probably spread around already, which meant my parents would act like they cared, annoying. 

I sat up in my bed looking out of my balcony door, the storm had hit the island pretty hard last night. Many trees were fallen over but that was all I could see from my point of view. 

The phone on my nightstand vibrated, I reached over to grab it only to see many messages. Leo had just texted me that mom and dad want to talk to us and to my surprise JJ had left a few messages as well. 

He kept texting me if I was okay, that he was sorry, and many more messages in that type of way. I rolled my eyes, I needed to decide what to do with him and the only person that could help me with this topic was Sarah. 

I quickly texted Sarah if she wanted to have a sleepover tonight before shutting my phone again. 

I made my way out of my bed and into the bathroom, my head was pounding from the alcohol we had consumed the previous day and probably because of the stressful situation that had occurred not even twenty-four hours ago. 

I splashed my face with cold water, which made me feel alive again before applying some face serum and sunscreen. I put on my favorite blue bikini and a pair of denim shorts, as well as a black cropped top. 

Before making my way downstairs and facing the trouble that was about to come my and my brothers' way I brushed my hair and placed my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. 

I walked down the white marble steps and saw that my family was sitting outside, the breakfast table beautifully stacked with all the goodies I loved. 

"Good morning", I smiled at our cook and the cleaning lady before making my way outside. 

"There she is", my father smiled, I couldn't tell if his smile was evil or not. 

I nodded towards him and quickly placed some sunglasses on my nose, the sun was way too bright for my hangover. Leo gave me a quick glance, probably making sure I was okay. 

"Morning", I mumbled before sitting down and grabbed the glass of orange juice, letting the cold liquid run down my throat. 

Why was it that every time you're hungover, everything either tasted worse or a hundred times more intense?

"Good morning, you're up early", my mother marked making me roll my eyes under the dark shades. I was on my summer break, please let me sleep in once.

"Yeah, I guess", I responded grabbing my spoon and placing some of my granola yogurt on it. 

"So kids, I think we need to talk. Sheriff Peterkin was here earlier and told us that some kids were worried about their safety because there had been a gun at the party yesterday", my father explained placing the coffee mug down.