36. Stupid fucking rich

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"Excuse me for a second guys, it's Rafe", I told the two girls that were still sitting in my backyard, thinking about the problems they still had to solve. 

Quickly, I hurried inside taking Rafe's call, making sure no one could listen to me talk to him. Only god knows what the boy was about to tell me. 

"Maddy, Maddy-Sarah, Sarah's alive", the boy stuttered and I could almost sense the drugs in his veins. It made me angry that he was doing cocaine once again just because Leo was with him. 

"What? Are you- are you sure?", I asked trying my best to act out the perfect shocked girl that just found out her best friend wasn't dead. When in fact I already knew it for a few days. 

"Yeah, she uhm her and John B, they stole it from us. The gold", Rafe explained, his voice sounding weak, almost as if he was about to cry. My heart broke a little hearing him that way. 

"Are you sure it was them?", I asked pretending to be shocked.

"It was them but uhm- I- John B he wanted to shoot your dad", Rafe started and I already felt my heart rate picking up. His story started just like the one from Peterkin's death. 

"What happened?", I asked not getting an answer immediately, "What happened?". 

"He uhm he hit her", Rafe stuttered now taking a deep breath in. 

"What? Who? What do you mean?", I asked panicking, she couldn't be gone, not again. 

"Leo, he hit her", Rafe finally explained making me sit down on the stairs, keeping me from pacing around the house. 

"He shot Sarah?", I asked trying to keep my voice quiet, I didn't want anyone to hear what he said. 

"He uhm- he was trying to shoot John B okay? It was an accident, she stepped in the way", Rafe stuttered. 

My heart was racing and the room started to spin, I almost felt like I was reliving the nightmare, "Is she okay?"

"He did not mean to shoot her, I-I wanted to stop him, okay?"

"Okay, okay, okay", I stuttered quietly looking around the room frantically. Why would he do that? God, I started to hate him even more. 

"I didn't care that he did"

"What did you say? That's your sister"

"My sister?"

"Yes your sister", I said my voice now weak, did that mean I was actually never going to see Sarah again? 

"The one who stole from us? The one who had her boyfriend pointing a gun at our family, right? Get the blinders off", Rafe chuckled lowly and I was one hundred percent sure he was on drugs right now. 

"You need to stop"

"She's going to kill our family, you realize that?", Rafe stuttered. 

"Babe, she's not dangerous. Fuck, I hope she's okay", I muttered trying to stop my legs from shaking due to my nervousness.