21. Truth or Dare?

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

"What do you wanna do today, princess?", Rafe asked while he was sitting outside on our porch soaking up some sun. 

It was about to hit noon time on the island and Rafe had just come over to hang out. It still felt a little weird not having to sneak around with him anymore but we still had agreed to keep our relationship or situationship, whatever you wanna call it, private.

"I don't know, Kelce is throwing a party for his birthday later, right?", I asked the pretty boy, sitting down on his lap as I approached him.

"Yeah, you wanna go?"

"Definitely, I'm up to party every day, you know that, and besides maybe Sarah is coming. I haven't seen her in forever", I explained.

"Did you tell her, you know, about us?", Rafe asked pulling his sunglasses up onto his head so he could look at me while I talked.

"No, I mean I texted her but she never responded. Honestly, it has become a usual thing by now, I really can't explain what happened to our friendship. At the beginning of summer everything was perfect and then she finds another random dude and just does a 180", I rambled to my best friend's brother.

It was bothering me that I hadn't seen Sarah for over a week now and that we haven't talked at all. The thought of my best friend changing because of some random boy made my heart wrench in betrayal and hurt.

Sarah has had a few boyfriends that made her cut down on our friendship before but not like this. I feel like it was normal to only spend time with your new boyfriend at the beginning of your relationship but at some point, you gotta spend time with your friends again.

"Hey, she's gonna come back to you and if she doesn't, then she doesn't deserve you. You have tried multiple times to contact her, it's now on her", Rafe explained placing his hand underneath my chin and pulling me in for a sweet kiss.

"I hope so", I replied after we broke our kiss.

"Miss Bamford would you and your boyfriend like to drink anything?", Steward our kitchen help came up to Rafe and I with a smile.

"You want anything?", I asked Rafe.

"No thank you", he replied to the man with a smile.

"For me neither, Thank you Steward", I smiled and turned back to the Cameron boy.

"So your boyfriend, huh?"

"What?"

"Steward just said ' you and your boyfriend'", Rafe explained and I could immediately feel the blush creep up my cheeks.

"Oh, uhm, he must have thought-"

"Don't worry, I don't mind it", Rafe smiled sheepishly.

"Really?"