34. Welcome to the darkside, princess

Maddy's POV 

Maddy's POV 

I woke up snuggled up with Rafe, the sun shone right through his curtains and I could almost hear the waves crashing. This morning felt normal but then again last night felt normal as well and we all know how that ended.  

"Good morning beautiful lady", Rafe smiled looking at me. 

"Good morning handsome", I smiled brushing some of his hair out of his face before placing a soft kiss on his lips. 

I laid my head on his bare chest just wanting to be as close as possible to him. 

"I need your help Maddy, we need to get this gun", Rafe muttered looking down at me and I knew we had to keep going but all I wanted was to stay a little longer with him.

"Just five more minutes", I whined hugging him closer. 

"Come on", he chuckled getting up from the bed. I decided to just watch him a few more moments, you know Rafe Cameron shirtless is just worth getting yelled at. 

He started to change and threw one of his shirts at me, "Get up ".

I laughed and quickly got out of bed and changed into the light-washed jean shorts as well as the white Top that I had packed yesterday. I brushed my teeth, applied sunscreen, and did all the fancy stuff before putting on my white Converse. 

"Okay ready", I smiled. 

"You look amazing", Rafe smiled placing his lips on mine while pulling me closer. 

"Let's get going", I giggled. 

"We need to stop at Barry's, he will help us", Rafe explained grabbing two helmets while stepping down the stairs of the Cameron house. 

"Really? He is so weird I swear", I groaned following my boyfriend. 

"I know but Dad gave me money, he will do anything for cash, so come on. I don't wanna waste my time on the cut", Rafe explained sitting down on his bike. 

He handed me the extra helmet and I slipped it on sitting down behind him. "Hold on tight Baby", he said and I could almost see the smirk, while I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly not wanting to fall off. 

Within seconds, Rafe and I were speeding down the streets of Outer Banks. The houses and the trees were morphing together again and I tried imagining a normal life but that was not the case since me and my boyfriend were on the way to a drug dealer to help us get a gun my boyfriend shot someone with. 

Maybe this was an overall bad idea and I should just leave for Italy or something. 

My thoughts were interrupted by the bike stopping in the familiar run-down trailer park. Almost on cue, Barry walked out with his signature smirk that made all the hairs on my body stick up. 

"Country Club and his princess", he smirked, "Now ain't I supposed to be blackmailing you or some shit like that?"

Blackmailing? Did Rafe still not pay him back? Oh wait, Barry knew about the murder, my bad.