1. The Kook Princess

Maddy's POV

Maddy's POV

The warm sun stroked my face, the waves crashed lightly into the beach and the air smelled like summer.  

My eyes fluttered open slowly, not wanting to get blinded by the sun immediately when I wake up. I smiled to myself, remembering it was finally summer and school was done until fall. 

I sat up slowly, stroking my blonde hair behind my ears as I closed my eyes for a few seconds enjoying the warm sun on my face. 

Everything felt peaceful and I couldn't wait for this summer to finally start. Me and my best friend, Sarah, had already made up many plans but there was more to come. 

A shift beside me, made me open my eyes again looking down at the pretty blonde-haired boy who was laying beside me. 

"Why are you awake already?", the sleepy boy mumbled while wrapping his arms around my torso. 

"You know that I can't stay long, my mom has already texted me a thousand times", I giggled.

"Come on, stay here, living on figure eight is probably so boring", he whined looking up at me with his pretty blue eyes. 

"JJ how would you know?", I asked laughing slightly as I escaped the grip of his arms which were still wrapped around me. 

"Ugh come on Maddy, I love spending time with you", he groaned letting his head fall back into his pillow. 

"I love spending time with you too but my mother will literally stab me with her stilleto if I don't get home on time today", I explained while quickly slipping my underwear back on as well as my jean shorts and the white crop top that was scattered on the floor. 

My parents were out most of the time or too busy with their jobs to even notice I was gone. My mother worked as a neurologist in a private clinic for brain damage and my father was one of the biggest businessmen on this island and the mainland around. 

Don't get me wrong, they were loving when they were around but that was hardly the case. My mother was really into looks and how we appeared to everyone, while my dad wanted us to be one of the socially highest families around. I was blessed to live a life on a beautiful island and have no money problems. 

Outer Banks was split into half, the Cut and Figure Eight. The Cut was where the workers lived, they weren't wealthy and more down to earth. On Figure Eight you could only see big white houses with very wealthy families living inside. 

I lived on figure eight with my mother, my father, and my brother, Leo. My family's name was well known, due to the influence of my parents, my mother was one of the heads of the country club and ruled the mommy world. 

My father wasn't only known because of his business but because of his friendship with Ward Cameron. 

Ward Cameron wasn't only the best friend of my father but my best friend's dad. Sarah and I had grown up together and had never lived without each other.