LXXIII| By Your Side

W A R N I

"What the fuck did you bastards do?!"

"Calm down-"

Damshi had put a hand on Amon's shoulder, and he landed a killing blow to her cheek in retaliation. She stumbled back, clutching the injured area.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

He'd already had enough of everyone's bullshit, but he didn't know where to go or what to do. What could he do?! They hated feeling so fucking helpless.

Warni stormed outside. His breathing heavy and his heart pounding so loudly he swore people halfway across the world could hear it.

"Amon?"

Their gaze snapped up, dark eyes widening as he laid eyes on you. Your eyes were watering. He hugged you without hesitation.

"What the hell happened?! Are you okay? What did those bastards do?" He hissed out, holding you so tightly you could've crumbled beneath him.

"Amon," you repeated in a mumble, "I have to handle something."

Amon sucked in a breath. He pulled away and looked at you, looked at your finalized expression. They nodded. "Kay. I'll be with you." They mumbled, clasping your cheek and putting his forehead to yours. "Always."

» » »

"Ugh, I'm so tired." Amon groaned, flopping onto you. It caused you to gasp in surprise, but after a moment you reciprocated the affection.

"You know..."

"Don't." He grumbled.

You rolled your eyes in turn. "And what do you think I was going to say?"

"Stop talking about taking up a job." Warni muttered as he wrapped his arms around your waist. At the same time, they had to fight the urge to fall asleep. "I don't want you to have one. And you've never done good in them, anyways."

His words made your heart ache.

Like that was ever your fault.

"I want to help you." You tried to reason.

"I don't need help."

"Clearly you do, you oaf. You're always coming home complaining."

"Yeah. Because I'm a normal person."

Your gaze softened.

"Maybe you could try it out again." You mumbled. "It's been a long time."

"The internet doesn't forget."

"Well, I'd be behind you, you know that."

He hummed, a smile rising onto his features as he nuzzled into you. "Oh, I know." They chuckled. It wasn't like they gave you a choice. Not that that mattered. You'd only ever tried to leave him once. A mistake he hadn't soon let you forget.

You sighed deeply and set your laptop aside, running your hand through his wild hair. "Find a better job, at least."

"That a demand, sweet thing?"

"A request." You grunted.

He took in a deep breath and began to push himself out, taking your hand in his. Then he kissed the back of it and smiled warmly at you. "Let's go out for dinner. My treat."

You laughed. You always did when he said that.

"It's always your treat."