LXIII , Bitchy

"I'm glad we got the entrance right this time." You mumbled, putting a hand on the back of your neck. Damshi laughed airily.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I should've been more careful with here we were entering from." She apologized in a hum. You waved a hand dismissively.

"It's okay. Not really your job."

"Still."

It was your turn to laugh this time. "Anyways," Ace piped up from your other side, "how are you feeling?"

"Huh?" Your eyes went wide. Did Ace know you felt uncomfortable? Did he know that you knew what they were talking about yesterday? "What do you mean?"

Ace rose a brow at your panic. "... You don't have many events with us today."

"Oh, right," you relaxed your shoulders and considered it for a moment, "um... I should be okay?" Honestly it would probably feel good to get away from them for a bit and collect your thoughts.

"Hopefully so. It's not like you'll be interacting with anybody you're on hostile terms with." Ace stated hopefully.

"Don't fucking jinx it Snow White." Amon snapped.

"Jinxing isn't real, Wreck-It Ralph." Ace rolled his eyes.

The two exchange a glare, and Damshi held the door open as the group headed inside. "I don't want to leave (Y/n) alone!" Jianyu whined. "Omg, what if some creepo talks to her?!" She pouted.

"I'll fucking murder them dead." Amon huffed.

"That's... Denotative, yes." You smiled softly. "Don't worry, nothings going to happen. I'm just going to sneak in and sneak out."

Sneak in and out.

You wished.

"I'm sorry, what?" You'd heard the pained laughter before you'd realized you were the one laughing.

"We had to replace them, you see." One of the directors of the panel explained, standing before you with a halfway apologetic expression. "And he was the only one available... Sorry, I know you and Joshua have... Had your differences."

Everything had felt so wrong since the first morning of the con. In that inexplicable way— the one where people would call you a pessimist if you expressed that gut wrenching feeling.

These past two days had just proved why human instincts were so fucking reliable.

"You didn't have to." You snapped in reply. "I'm not going onto a panel with him!"

"I guess we can't technically make you." The director sighed. "But..."

"But?"

"... Just fair warning, last girl that ditched because she had a panel with someone she didn't like was Giomi."

Giomi. You'd heard a thing or two about her. About what she'd been through. She'd been through far more than you'd ever been. Giomi rejected one event at one convention and...

"I don't give a fuck." You decided. You were so fucking done with this con. With this whole event. "Don't invite me then." You straightened out your posture and narrowed your eyes. "You'll never get the others to star at your conventions again."

"Don't be a bitch about it." He groaned, putting his hand to his brows. "That attitude will just make things worse for you."

"Don't be a bitch about it? Don't be a bitch about it?" You laughed, and took a step back now. "Fuck you."

You'd swung around and began to storm off. Not two seconds later did you head-on crash into someone.