XLIII , Reassuring Conversations

"Oh my gosh."

"Don't panic."

"I'm not panicking! You're panicking!"

"Remind me who the hell is patting my arm so hard I'm going to bruise?"

You paused. Then looked at Amon's arm, then Amon. He smirked, quite blatantly holding back a laugh. "We have bigger issues than a bruise!" You refuted.

"Damn, I've really never seen you panic like this." Amon leant closer. Right as he'd gotten all up in your personal space, there was the sound of someone loudly clearing their throat. You both looked over and saw a rather unamused Damshi.

"Come along." She stated simply, locking the car and then beginning to walk away. You scrambled up to her side, feeling the need to hide behind the biggest personality here. The others weren't so happy about this, but it could be worse.

After all, they didn't see Damshi as a threat. Not yet. She hadn't made themself out to be one. Not yet.

"Hold your head up high." Damshi reached a hand to lift your chin. "And stop slouching." You straightened out your posture, your gaze impossibly locked onto hers. "You deserve to be here just as much as any of us."

"Debatable."

"Not at all."

"I've barely been streaming for a year..."

"And?"

"And... And you guys have been doing this so much longer!"

Damshi laughed, and you flushed in embarrassment. "So? It just means you cracked the code earlier than others have. Success isn't something to be ashamed of, even if others make it seem like it should be."

She was right, but you were all up in your own head. It'd been a lot, these past few months. Everything was going so fast that you didn't think you could keep up.

But she was right.

Obviously.

She was the Covestry.

You'd confided in her for advice so often it made you feel guilty. 'Do you think this will be a good stream idea?', 'What about this thumbnail?', 'Do I look okay?', 'What about new equipment, what would you recommend?'. Gosh, you were sure she'd become sick of you!

Yet they were still here, seemingly completely unaffected. A smile rose onto your feature. You were so lucky to have friends like these.

"Thanks, Damshi."

"Any time. Now please, brace yourself."

"Brace myself?"

As if Damshi was a prophet, immediately there came screams. You jumped in surprise. Turns out, you'd been so caught up thinking about what Damshi said, you hadn't realized how close you all were to the con.

Much less that you were now within view of those waiting for the doors to open. Suddenly, all of the attention was on you and your friends.

"Shit." Amon groaned, resting a hand on the back of his neck. "This ain't the back entrance."

"Oh thanks, captain obvious." Ace sighed.

"Not a problem." Damshi spoke up, a graceful smile casting upon their delicate features. She rose a hand and began to wave. "Just act natural."

That was much easier said than done.