XXXII , Meet Up

Kurobo felt like he was going crazy. "This isn't right." He muttered out, grimacing at his reflection in the mirror. "I look idiotic..." So, he ripped off the clothes like he had ten other outfits.

Over and over, until he found something he deemed acceptable. Kurobo had realized about twenty outfits in that it was getting late, and he was just having a day. A day where he didn't feel right. Things weren't right.

Maybe you'd help with that.

You eased all of his other burdens.

» » »

"Oh, hey (Y/n)!" Your coworker, Annalise, called with a big grin. "You're not on shift today, are you?"

"No, I'm not." You laughed in return, shaking your head gently. "I'm meeting a friend."

"How nice!" Annalise clapped her hands together. "What can I get you?" She asked shortly thereafter. You put in an order, got it when it was made, and then went and took a seat.

You couldn't ignore the anxiety. You'd never met an online friend before. What if Kurobo had been lying, somehow? Maybe he just looked really young for an old guy, and had some voice changer...

No. That was stupid. Why would he want to meet up with you if that was the case? In a public place no less.

Yeah. That would be stupid, and if you knew one thing... Kurobo wasn't stupid.

So you sat there, fiddling with your clothes and glancing around anxiously. Every time the bell rang, announcing someone's presence, your gaze snapped over.

Failure was what you were rewarded with a solid twenty times. Until suddenly, there he was. Even more high definition than ever before. More... Handsome than ever before.

That wasn't to say that he was a bum or looked gross usually it was just... Different? He looked incredibly different. Everything about him felt different, even. Kurobo's gaze landed on you quickly, both of you falling still.

It was like time stopped existing for a few seconds. Everything blurred out of your vision as you took in the way his smile stretched across his soft features. The crinkle of his nose and the dimples that popped. You didn't even know he had dimples. Did any of his fans? You couldn't recall a time he smiled so wide...

Kurobo's eyes were dark in color, with a tinge downwards that reminded you of a puppy dog's. His skin was tanned and his complexion just downright to die for. You just wanted to brush your hands through his onyx hair that looked so soft.

And god, did he iron every piece of clothing five times over? There wasn't a wrinkle on his button up, or his dress pants. His loafers didn't even have a single scratch, jewelry pristine. You wouldn't doubt if it was real jewels and silver hanging from his neck.

The bell rang again as someone slipped past Kurobo. This seemed to snap you both back to reality, Kurobo cowering away from the other person and scurrying over to you. In return, you sat up straight. You went to stand, but Kurobo gestured for you to stay put.

"Hello, Heart." He greeted. His voice sounded like almond milk, silky and smooth. It reverberated through your bones and a laugh bubbled up in turn.

"It's (Y/n)..." You corrected. Kurobo's eyes widened.

"Dal." He nodded.

"Dal." You repeated. Dal shivered.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n)." He outstretched a hand. You sucked in a deep breath.

"Nice to meet you, too, Dal." You took his hand, and god, it was so warm. Like a cozy winter fire... He was a work of goddamn art. How could a man like him be allowed to exist?

Fuck you felt self conscious now.