XXXIV , Night Conversations

"So where are you taking me again?"

"You'll see~"

Dal let out a breathy laugh through his nose. He squeezed your hand gently, gaze tilted upwards as he watched you walk on the half-wall. Your free arm stretched out to keep your balance, and hyper focused on your steps. Not that he'd ever let you fall.

It'd been eleven hours. You two hadn't parted for more than a few minutes. Neither of you had planned to hang out for this long but... It was nice. Everything blended together seamlessly.

Honestly, it didn't even feel like eleven hours had passed. Dal wasn't one of those people that sucked up your energy, and you weren't one of those people for him...

Dal knew you were made for each other.

"We better get there soon. My feet are getting sore." Dal teased. "You've been running me around like a dog all day."

"Oh please!" You huffed, playfully glaring at him ever so briefly. Only to nearly fall. Dal stabilized you easily, but you refused to look away from where you were stepping again. "It's not my fault you haven't seen any of the cool places around here!"

"You've been here forever. I've been here a year." Dal pointed out, though he was clearly exaggerating his use of 'forever'.

"Yeah yeah. Complain all you want. It'll be worth it. Just trust me. You trust me, right?"

"Of course I do." Dal laughed. What an idiotic thought, the idea of him not trusting you. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be here."

Wandering around the city at night... It wasn't the safest option, but he trusted you.

» » »

"Woah." Dal breathed out.

The view was breathtaking. The both of you had made your way out of the city, just enough to see it from afar. In the dead of night, with every light gleaming amongst glistening stars, it was just heaven sent. Dal leant against the railings that kept him from toppling down into the lake.

Murky dark water reflected back all the lights, as though rejecting it entirely. A soft breeze whistled in the wind, not a cloud in the sky. It was just perfect.

"Sooo? Was it worth it or not?" You took a seat right behind the railings, kicking your feet out under them. Hitting the stones that descended into the water.

"Absolutely worth every second..." Dal replied, only half paying attention.

You felt pride well up in your chest. "Told ya."

"You did." He laughed.

What a wonderful day it had been. One that Dal never wanted to end, even if he knew soon the clocks would strike a new day.

A new day where he'd have to not be by your side.

"... Isn't this perfect?" He asked.

You thought a second. "It sure does feel that way, huh?"

"Do you think that maybe... Maybe we could meet up again?"

You wanted to laugh, but you didn't, because you knew that would embarrass Dal. "Duh. Why wouldn't we?"

"... I dunno."

Dal looked down at you.

You looked up at him.

Why had he ever expected any less from you? Why had he expected you to reject him like so many others had? You weren't them. You'd never be them. You... You would never reject him, not ever.

Right?