LIX , Warmth

You'd managed to get Amon into bed before he'd passed out completely. Still, you were worried. So you stayed by his side, at the edge of his bed, frowning deeply.

Of course, you'd been awake, much like him. You were still adjusting to the time zone change. But you usually stayed up late anyways.

What had you worried was why Amon was having a panic attack in the first place. Or, that's what it looked like to you.

You'd overheard him accidentally. On a quest to find water, you had passed by his room. His gasps were muffled, but you decided to check up on them anyways.

It was a good thing that you had. You'd never seen Amon so vulnerable before. Honestly, you thought nothing could get to him. He seemed so untouchable.

To see him like this, afraid and exhausted, was almost reassuring. He was human. And you were glad he was able to take comfort in your presence. It was nice to know that he felt as though he could rely on you too.

With a heavy sigh, you rested your head next to his arm

This had been such a long day.

» » »

The next morning, Amon woke up with a pounding headache. It took him a minute to clock what had happened last night. Another to clock the fact that you'd seen him like that.

He gasped and shot up, only to realize there was a pressure on his arm. Confused, they looked down. Only to see your halfway awake self laying on his forearm. "Amon?" You muttered.

Oh god.

"I'm sorry," he grunted, putting a hand on your head, "you didn't have to stay..."

"What are you talking about?" The words came out groggy and airy. Amon found it adorable, even if he still felt guilty.

"For last night."

"Mm? Oh, yeah." It came back to you after a moment. Sucking in a deep breath, you sat up and stretched. Amon watched with furrowed brows, though he did wish you would've stayed where you'd been. "Don't apologize," you managed out before yawning, "it's okay."

"You shouldn't have had to see me like that." He grunted. "It's not okay."

"Well, what happened?" You questioned, watching Amon closely. The tension in his body was practically radiating off of him.

"Do we have to talk about it?" Amon muttered, avoiding your gaze.

Is he embarrassed? Right as the thought occurred, the answer came to you— probably. Amon didn't seem like the type that easily opened up and showed his vulnerable side.

Amon's eyes widened when feeling your arms wrapping around him. "I guess not," you conceded, "I'm just worried about you. That's all."

Worried about them... You were worried about them.

"I'm sorry for worrying you."

The words were a shock to both you and Amon. He wasn't one to apologize often, and especially not if he wasn't really sorry. Their words were entirely sincere.

Maybe it would've made another feel good about themselves. But for you, it felt too familiar to apologize for something you couldn't control.

"There's nothing to be sorry for," you whispered, "it's okay."