LXI , Not Too Cute

Now what the hell were you supposed to wear if Amon wanted you to not look cute? He'd said it was a hard ask and dammit, he was right. You'd only brought the outfits you'd felt best in. So obviously, none of them made you feel like you were dressing down.

Wait, why did you care what they wanted you to do? It wasn't like you were dating Amon. He didn't get to dictate your wardrobe.

No— even if you were he wouldn't have the right to dictate such a thing.

"I have got to break this mindset." You laughed to yourself. Gosh you felt like you were going crazy. "I'll just wear this." You added after checking yourself in the mirror once more.

Yeah. Only you got to decide what you did.

... He was just messing around.

You realized that. Of course you did—maybe. Anyways, everything could become a good lesson.

There was a knock at your door. "Yeah?" You called, fixing up some loose ends of your appearance before heading to the door.

"Are you alright in there?" Damshi called in return. It was then that you opened the door, and for a brief moment you caught her off guard. "Oh, you look lovely." She complimented, feeling her cheeks heat.

"Thanks." You grinned at her. "Did I take too long? Sorry."

"It's alright. I was just worried because you were taking more time than Dal did. And we both know how he is." Damshi explained lightheartedly, waving her left hand.

"Oh boy, for sure." Dal was just never satisfied with his appearance, which you got in some ways. Sometimes you didn't feel comfortable in your own skin either. You always tried to cheer him up, and most times it worked. "He's really opened up though. It's great." You commented briefly as you stepped out of your room.

Damshi made way, watching closely. "Yes, he most certainly has. Far less emotionless." She giggled, and this time you felt your cheeks warm. Her giggle sounded like a fairy's. Not that you had ever heard a fairy laugh, but you imagined it sounded just as beautiful.

"But not quite emotional."

"Mhmm... For the others, I'm not so sure."

"Yeah?" You rose a brow. "I guess I've noticed that." What you'd heard yesterday was quite indicative of such.

Damshi shrugged gently and gestured for you to follow, which of course you did. So the two of you headed downstairs, all of the others were already downstairs though things were relatively quiet.

"Ready to go?" You asked the group, managing to gain everybody's attention.

"If you are." Dal nodded.

"Then let's head out before morning rush hits." Damshi hummed.