VII , Ship Edits

[ "That just— woah..." You breathed out deeply and closed your eyes, leaning all the way back in your chair. The stream had just ended and you were still riding the high of it all.

Then you heard Discord again. An incoming call from Claristo. A smile rose onto your features and you clicked accept.

"Hey," Claristo's voice came through the screen, his little discord profile picture lighting up as he spoke. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've died and gone to heaven?" You laughed weakly and closed your eyes. "I'm exhausted though."

"Yeah... It's three AM over there now, right? It was twelve when we started?"

"Mhmm. Longest stream I've ever had." A beat. "Most profitable too."

"I knew people would love you." Claristo chuckled. "Maybe now you can get some better supplies."

"Ugh, maybe. I also need to eat though. I'm a broke college student, you know."

"Right, you attend college."

"You don't?"

"No, not anymore. I dropped out when streaming started going well."

"I can't imagine it being that good."

"You'll get there, I just know it."

"You think?"

"Mhmm."

"You sound tired." You commented gently. "Go get some sleep. It's, what, five there?"

"It is." Claristo yawned in confirmation. "But I wanna keep talking to you."

"You do?"

"Absolutely... This is wonderful."

"Wonderful, huh... Yeah. It is."

"... Heartra?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm so glad you started streaming." ]

You'd slept in late. Even sunlight couldn't stir you from slumber. Absolute exhaustion wrecking you. When you did awake, you regretted it immediately. Your back hurt like hell, and so did your rib cage.

Coincidentally, you'd fallen asleep slumped over your desk. Slowly raising your head, confusion grew as you heard loud typing. "What the hell?" You mumbled sleepily.

"Oh, you're awake!" Claristo's voice came through your headphones, causing you to shoot up.

"We never ended our call." You pointed out the obvious.

"Yeah, we both kinda dozed off, didn't we?" Claristo chuckled. "Sorry I didn't end the call when I woke up. It... Felt kinda nice to have some company. Even if that company was just steady breathing."

You smiled softly and rubbed at your eyes. "It's okay..." You forgave him easily, though you were a bit embarrassed. "I was confused when I woke up to typing though. What are you doing?"

"Mm, editing." Claristo explained briefly. "A highlight video from the last tournament I was in."

"Don't you have editors?"

"Sometimes it's nice to edit things on my own."

You leant back in your chair and readjusted your position. Grabbing your phone from beside you as you moved. Claristo went quiet and the clicking and typing returned.

Not thinking much about being on voice call with him at this point, you opened your phone. Checking notifications from emails and friends first and smiling. Then you opened tiktok.

"What the fuck?" You laughed.

"What is it?" Claristo asked.

"Dude, check TikTok."

"Okay," Claristo agreed. A few moments and then. "I don't see it?"

"Really? My mentions are full."

"Ah, mine always are. What were you mentioned in?"

"Let's check it out."

You clicked the first one. Only to hear your own voice, and then Claristo's. A clip from the stream yesterday. Then another.

"Is that us?" Claristo laughed. "Someone clipped some stuff, huh?"

"Uh... It's a bit more than that."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"It's a ship edit."