XLVI , The Audience

"Well, folks, can I get one final hello to our panel members today!" The host, a man dressed in business casual with vitiligo, rose his hands to the air. The volume rose in turn, and it became so loud it hurt your ears in the most blissful of ways. With a laugh, your host went and flopped down on his own chair. "Now how are you fine people this morning?"

"It's been pretty hectic." Damshi spoke first, smiling in a friendly manner. "Some of our fans may know, but we've all elected to live under one roof during the duration of this trip." A nervous laugh wracked Damshi's throat, but it was drowned out by the noise of the crowd.

"Worst fucking decision ever." Amon groaned. "To think I paid money to spend more time with these shits."

You reached behind Ace and whacked Amon across the head. Gently, of course, but enough to catch him off guard. "Be nice!"

"Shut the fuck up!" He dipped his head back into your hand and grinned. A noise of fright left you as you realized your hand was trapped.

"Certainly sounds like chaos! We all know how streamer houses end."

"Duh. It's why we're not making it permanent, lmao." Jianyu rose a hand to her mouth and snickered to herself.

"Now, then! Let's get some audience participation!" The host turned his attention to the crowd. "Come on, tell us your burning questions!"

After a few moments of discombobulation, a member of the audience was picked out and given a mic. There stood a girl dressed colorfully, clutching the mic like her life depended on it. "Oh my gosh, hi!"

"Hi!" A cheery Dal interjected while the girl tried to find her words. You could tell she damn near fainted seeing that dreamy smile on his face.

"Hi!" She repeated both his and her own words breathily. "So I was wondering— um— about how you all became friends!"

There was pause in the group, and you watched them all curiously. "That's actually a good question." You laughed. "How did you guys become friends? I'm a late comer to this group." Honestly, how had you gone so long without asking?

"Well..." Ace breathed in, nervously looking to the others.

They all seemed conflicted for a few more seconds. Eventually, they all have different forms of approval. The girl breathed out a sigh of relief. For those few seconds, she'd felt as though she'd messed up big time.

"Let's give a quick run down of our ancient history then, eh?" Amon leant back, and rested his arms behind the couch.