LXII , A Totally Normal Morning

You felt so awkward right now, sandwiched between Jianyu and Amon in the back. The two exchanging snappy remarks at each other.

"What the hell are you staring at?"

"Oh don't mind me. I'm trying to figure out how tf (Y/n) likes someone as ugly as you lmao."

"Says the tiny unoriginal asshole!"

"Says the oaf with anger issues!"

"Will you stop?" Ace laughed heartily from the front. "This is getting embarrassing."

"You're arguing like children." Dal agreed with a nod.

"Fuck off, I'm hungry and caffeine deprived." Amon snapped, his expression twisted up in anger.

There was silence that fell for that. It caused you to let out a deep sigh. So tense. You'd really had your hopes up so high, figuring a household of your best friends would be the time of your life.

Turns out it was damn stressful. Maybe that shouldn't have been a shocker. All of you had such vibrant personalities, of course they'd clash. Not to mention their confusion over their feelings. If they were all convinced they loved you, of course they'd view each other as competition.

Competition.

Fucking hilarious, you thought. They're friends for years and let some random girl with attachment issues break them all up?

You wondered how that was possible. Would you be able to abandon Ari or GG for a crush? Nah, you highly doubted it.

"(Y/n)?" Amon's hand on your head knocked you out of your thoughts.

"Huh?"

"We're here." He smiled in that soft way he always looked at you.

Maybe you should've noticed his biased treatment of you. Sometimes it was just hard to focus around him, they were distractible. That special treatment though... You couldn't deny it felt nice. It felt nice to feel so favored by someone.

"Ah, yeah, we are." You laughed. So the group began to pile out of the car. Damshi held open the door for everybody. Once inside, you took a look around.

It was a nice place, really. But it wasn't also very big, there was a nice cozy feel and the smell of coffee and fresh baked goods wafted through the air. To say it made you hungrier was an understatement.

"Oh my gosh!"

The gasp had caught you off guard. You looked over and saw a girl with purple hair clumsily re-centering the dishes on her tray. She blushed profusely when meeting your gaze. "Um! Take a seat wherever!" She said before scurrying off.

"Think she recognized us?" Ace commented sarcastically.

"Maybe." You grinned back at him. Though something felt off to you, nobody else seemed to think twice about it. So you brushed off the feeling.

The group went and found a table to sit at. You rolled your shoulders back after taking a seat, getting as comfortable as you could.

Soon enough that same girl dropped by, putting some menus down and offering a nervous smile. "Good morning. My name's Mandy." She introduced herself. "Can I get you anything to start?"