XVI , Secrets

[ Circute : Warni omg is everything okay????? ]

[ Kurobo : I share the sentiment ]

[ Claristo : This is pretty weird ]

[ Covestry : I was thinking the same thing ]

[ Warni has invited you to a video chat ]

[ "Warni!" Circute immediately whined. "What's going on?! You're scaring me!"

"Is everything alright?" Kurobo spoke up, his expression soft.

Warni sat quietly at his desk. Staring down and chewing on their nails, one leg propped up to rest his elbow on. Slowly, he looked back up. The rest of them remaining quiet to be polite. "... I called Heartra today."

Circute gasped loudly. "IS HEART OKAY?!" She got up close and personal to the camera, terror written over her features.

"I dunno. She sounded horrible and when I asked if she was okay, Heart just started- she started fucking sobbing." Warni growled a bit and his expression became angry. "She's not the type to just start sobbing like that for no reason. Someone fucking made her cry!"

"Was it you?" Claristo asked.

"Fuck no!" Warni hissed. "I was actually being nice for once! I called her out of gut instinct." Warni explained.

"Gut instinct?" Covestry sounded suspicious.

"Or whatever." Warni waved a hand. "Point is, I felt like something was wrong when I called her so I was being nice."

"Then what could've made her cry?" Circute asked worriedly. "Is someone upsetting her?"

"Maybe she's been getting hate?" Claristo suggested.

"No, everybody still loves her. The most quote on quote hate she gets is viewers begging her to get better equipment." Kurobo disagreed, shaking his head.

"It's actually shocking she's gone so long without getting any hate." Covestry pointed out. "Especially being a girl and all..."

"I think it's because our fan bases are well behaved." Kurobo pointed out. "The most toxic is Warni's, and they don't ever even send real hate."

"Not that that didn't come without work." Circute mumbled.

"So... Why?" Claristo asked, sadness overwhelming his voice. There was no answer to the question all on their minds.

» » » 2:43 PM

"You feeling better, babes?" A familiar voice asked, running a hand through your hair.

You leant into Ari's touch, closing your eyes. "A little bit." You mumbled.

After you'd hung up on Warni, you'd called Ari, Kai, and GG. They came over to your place and had been keeping you company. Comfort foods, drinks, and movies. Your friends were worried, all knowing what you'd been dreaming of.

Every year on the day of your breakup with Joshua, like clockwork, you had nightmares about it. So every year, like clockwork, they were here reminding you it wasn't your fault.

It made everything better to have your favorite people here like this. Though this year, your heart ached in remorse. Why had you just hung up on Warni like that?

... You'd done it to protect yourself.