LV , Hazy

"She's still talking to them." Jianyu hissed as she walked back into the living room. "Does she think we haven't noticed her absence?! I can't even hear what she's saying!"

"Quit whining." Amon grunted. "It isn't going to do you any good."

"Shut up! Like you're one to talk!" Jianyu glared at Amon, and the stronger returned the hatred tenfold.

"Both of you act like children," Ace snapped, "she's just talking to her other friends. It's not like we can cut them out of her life." He reminded. Though instead of mumbled agreements, there was only silenced. "Don't. Don't go there yet." He warned, narrowing his eyes.

"Is it really such a crazy idea?" Dal leant back, his gaze falling to look out a window.

"It isn't like she even really sees them anymore... Imagine how hurt they must feel? It'd be better for everybody involved..." Jianyu crossed her arms over her waist, a cheeky smile stretching across her glossy lips.

"Fuck." Ace groaned. He hated this conversation. He hated it because the same thoughts had crossed his mind. Those absolutely delusional thoughts that he could actually get away with completely isolating you. "I'm not interested in whatever shitshow you're scheming." Ace told them as he got up.

He wasn't like them.

He wasn't.

You understood that, right? Couldn't you see how considerate he was being? How selfless he was?

Ace ran a hand through his hair, heading upstairs to turn in for the night. Fortunately, that coincided with you finally leaving that bathroom you'd been hiding in.

What wasn't so fortunate was the tiny scream you let out when seeing him. And the way you immediately slammed the door, returning to your hidey hole.

It was adorable how you thought that would stop any of them from barging in there if they wanted to.

"(Y/n)?" He called, knocking on the door. "You don't have to hide in there... You have a room, you know."

"Oh," he heard you breath, no matter how muffled it may have been. Ace wanted to laugh at just how adorable you were.

He really did want you all for himself. Gosh, how precious you were. Ace wanted to hold you tight and never let go, keep your pretty birdie self locked up in a golden cage.

No— no. No no. He wasn't like the others. But... If you came willingly, would it be so wrong? Was a willing captive a captive at all?

Ace was so tired. He couldn't even keep track of his own thoughts, or keep them under wraps like usual. "I'm here if you need to talk." Ace told her, and he had to force himself away from the door. Because if he stayed— if you took him up on that offer— he didn't know what he'd do.

Right as he'd turned his back, he heard the door creak open. "Ace...?" You called in a weak voice, and gods, he could've melted into a puddle right then and there.

"Yeah?" He looked over his shoulder. How nervous you looked, curling in on yourself and clutching the door like it was a lifeline.

"... Can I take you up on that offer?"

Oh, fuck.

He really needed to learn how to shut his godforsaken mouth.