XXIX , Two Truths & A Lie - Part I

"Yo," a male with blond hair sat at the camera. He wore a faint smile on his lips. "You all know me as Rotza, but my real name is Joshua." He informed the camera as he leant close to the camera and clasped his hands together. "And I... Know something about this flash hit 'Heartra' that I think everybody should know about."

« « «

"Fuck, are you kidding me?" Joshua laughed, leant against a locker. "Not you too, man. I thought you were cool." Joshua teased his friend, punching the football player in the arm. The blond grinned back.

"Oh shut the hell up. I'm not the first and I won't be the last." The friend retorted, taking Joshua by the shoulder and angling his view. "You see that other sucker over there? The one talking to her." He pointed, and Joshua could feel his chest tighten. "I'm gonna go fuck him up. I'm not going to be another sorry sap."

"You aren't, huh?" Joshua looked over at his so called friend. "Yeah, we'll see about that. (Y/n)'s a tough catch. But hey, you have my blessing as her best friend if you manage it."

Not that it would happen. Joshua was assured in that, for all these years. You were his, even if you didn't know it. So oblivious and trusting. He could do no wrong in your eyes.

He didn't even have to do anything to keep you there. And that's how he liked it.

» » »

"You shoulda seen her back in high school." Joshua sneered to the camera. "She had guys at her feet left and right, and she broke every one of their hearts. Hey, maybe that's why she goes by Heartra now. Because she's such a fucking heartbreaker." Joshua hissed.

"I bet I was just another conquest to her."

« « «

"Whatcha doing?"

You gasped loudly, looking over your shoulder. At the same time, you clutched your precious phone to your chest. Joshua grinned, taking an earbud from you and putting it in.

"Josh," you breathed our, "don't scare me like that!"

"Not my fault you couldn't here me calling for you." He shrugged. "Oh, that's that, uh, what's his face again." Joshua reached for your phone. You huffed and whacked his hand gently.

"Claristo." You stated.

"Yeah, that guy. I don't know what you see in him."

"Well, he's sweet. Unlike someone I know."

"Owww... Damn. I guess since I'm not nice, I'm not gonna ask if you want to go on a date."

"That's what I— wait what?"

Joshua grinned and took you by the wrist.

"Well, let's get going then." He chuckled, a babbling and confused you being pulled along as he walked you out of school.

Your flushed cheeks slowly welcomed a warm smile as the two of you went. With a big deep breath for confidence, you matched his pace and grinned up at him.

This was what you wanted all along. To be loved by him.

» » »

"All Heart— or I guess I should say (Y/n) (L/n)— ever wanted was to ruin people. She takes love for granted. I bet, once this gets to her, she's gonna come crying playing victim just like when we were in high school."