I , New Save

"Soo... Gosh, is everything good? Lemme just check some things..." You hunched over and bit on your bottom lip. Your gaze fixated on the bright screen as you clicked away. Checking settings and making sure everything was alright. "Mm... Yeah! So, then, this is, uh, my first stream." You laughed nervously to yourself. When you leant back, your chair creaked.

Nobody in the chat. Nobody lurking. It felt awkward. "Anyways, we'll be playing Minecraft hardcore today! I thought it would be a fun little series to run on the channel between other things. After all, who doesn't like Minecraft, right?" Another nervous laugh left you, your rambling turning to mumbling. It caused you to want to curl up into a ball.

How did the other streamers do this? It was embarrassing to talk to yourself like this, and surely they hadn't had viewers since day one. Hunched over your chair is where you stayed as you grinned away for two hours. Rambling to yourself about whatever. Telling random stories from your day and talking about the game.

Eventually the empty chat didn't feel so lonely. You began to forget it was even empty as you got into the game. Laughing and joking around by yourself. The statistics faded into the background. It was just you and your game, like it always was. Except now your thoughts fell passed your lips.

The stream ended, and you leaned back. Staring at the ceiling as you reviewed how it went. A happy smiled spread across your face and you closed your eyes.

It wasn't so bad. Not at all. Definitely not something to give up on so soon... But... Maybe you'd need to do some research on how to be most effective in streaming.

» » » MONDAY , 11:15 AM

Lunchtime. It was your favorite time of the day. Not because you hated school, or because you disliked being alone in your room. No, it was just satisfying. To give your brain nutrients after such hard work. It made dragging yourself out of bed to head in all worth it.

"What did you do over the weekend?" A familiar voice spoke up from beside you. Ali. Your best friend. Looking over at her, you smiled. While not large by any means, your friend group was tight nit. The four of you shared almost every class with each other, always hung out, had an active group chat... Everything. They were nice.

"I... Started streaming."

A gasp came from Ari. "Woah what?!" She laughed. "A stream?! Hold up!" Ari dragged out her phone. Her loud voice had attracted the attention of Kai. Who leant on Ali and stared at her phone as she pulled up your Twitch account. "Woah! There is a stream from Heartra!"

"That's shocking." Piped up GG as she sipped on a soda. "I thought you were just into watching all those streamers?" She asked.

"Yeah, same." Kai piped up, their voice more mellow than the others'.

"Ah, well," You brought a hand to the back of your neck, "things change, I guess?"

Now, you knew most people kept streaming a secret from people in their real life. You couldn't help yourself though, and by how they were reacting, it seemed to have been a good call. Their support was just what you needed.

"Well it's great." Ali wrapped her arms around you, to which you returned. "I can't wait to watch all of your streams!"