XLIV , Harsh Realities

It was so much to walk past such a large crowd. Up until that moment, it hadn't dawned on you how many people had been watching your every movement. Though maybe it should've sooner. You knew how famous your friends were, and it wasn't like you yourself weren't famous to an extent.

With a heavy breath, you leant back into the sofa. Thousands of people— just outside of these doors. No, they would've been let in by now. How much time had passed, exactly?

"(Y/n)?"

Your gaze focused back in when Jianyu popped up. "Are you okay?" She asked with a small worried frown.

Right... Jianyu. You couldn't go onto stage like this. There was enough on your mind. "... Did you really lie to me?"

"What?" Jianyu startled back, her eyes widening. She looked like a frightened puppy dog. "Why would you even think I had?!"

"Because Amon wouldn't steal your stuff. He has a nasty temper, but he doesn't beat around the bush. If he has an issue with you, he tells you."

"Wh-Why are we talking about this now?! We're about to go o-on stage!" Jianyu gestured towards the door. "The others are already being called over!"

"I just need to know the truth." Your gaze softened, and your shoulder slumped. "I don't—... I don't like being angry at you. You're one of my best friends."

Jianyu hesitated. Should she tell you the truth? "B-But you'll be angry..."

"So you did."

Guiltily, Jianyu nodded.

A deep sigh left you before you'd realized you were sighing. "Why?"

Jianyu crossed her arms and looked away. "I-I just— I can't stand it!"

Her sudden outburst had you sitting up straighter. "Stand what? Did I do something wrong? Did Amon?"

"I can't— mmf..." Jianyu pouted her cheeks, and they got all red in the process. "I-I like you so much, (Y/n)... I like you so much I can't stand the others being so close with you! I want to be the only one who's close to you! So— b-but I know— I know maybe you're not ready for that! So—"

"So you wanted to wear my clothes to feel closer than the others..."

Jianyu's eyes widened, and in a panic she looked over at you. It was in that moment she saw clearer than ever that she had fucked up big time.

Your expression was almost unreadable, stuck in a state of shock. Ever so slightly widened eyes, mouth agape. With your shoulder slumped forward, hands clasped on your lap.

What the fuck was she saying?

That thought raced through both your head and Jianyu's.

She reached out a hand, and you smacked it away. Silently, you got up.

The door slammed as you left her there alone.