XXXI , New Day

The Internet had made their decision, all in their own ways. Everybody ever so slightly different on how they viewed the situation. Some said you were full of shit, others stood up for you, some didn't care, it went on and on...

You watched it all unfold, seeking comfort from your friends. Both in person and online. It was hard to watch people call you a liar—as you feared they would— and even worse to here people side with Joshua...

It'd come and gone so quickly. So quickly you could hardly process it. You always did wonder how the passage of time truly worked.

Things wouldn't ever be the same, you knew that. You'd just gone through your first ever controversy, the first time drama had surrounded you as a content creator...

But it wasn't like your creator friends weren't familiar with that. Warni had told you about all the different ones he'd gone through, and he was still here.

So maybe, this time, you could actually move on. Leave the past as just that. It wasn't like Joshua mattered anymore. He'd probably still have an audience but... Claristo was right.

He couldn't mess with you anymore. He couldn't touch you. He couldn't hurt you.

He was below you.

A text rang through the heavy silence. You adverted your gaze from the Twitter feed.

3:45 AM
[ Kurobo : Hey, want to meet tomorrow? ]

You were confused. Meet tomorrow? Slowly, you picked up your phone.

[ Heartra : Wuh??? ]

[ Kurobo : We live in the same area... ]

[ Heartra : wait, how do you know that? ]

As soon as you sent that off, you remembered what had happened.

[ Heartra : oh, right. I got doxxed... ]

[ Heartra : Are we really that close? ]

[ Kurobo : I think we may go to the same college ]

[ Heartra : wow ]

[ Kurobo : yeah ]

[ Heartra : So... Juniper's Coffee ? ]

[ Kurobo : 11:00 AM ]

[ Heartra : Kurobo? ]

[ Kurobo : what's up? ]

[ Heartra : I'm really excited to meet you ]

[ Kurobo : ☺️ ]

[ Kurobo : I'm excited to meet you too ]