XXXVIII , Street Fighter

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE LAY A GODDAMN FINGER ON HER AGAIN!"

You recognized that scream. You recognized the hands that gripped the strange man's collar so tightly veins popped. You recognized that fiery sunset colored hair, and those gleaming eyes.

"Warni!"

That caught his attention. Warni raised his gaze to you, a scrunched up expression suddenly softening. All of a sudden, he was letting his captive free and scrambling to his feet.

"Heart!"

Warni didn't care you were in Dal's arms, he brought the both of you into a hug. Able to do so due to his long limbs and bigger physique. For a few moments, you just stood there.

He smelled like firewood and cheap cologne.

It wasn't the best smell.

But it was his.

Your arms wrapped around his torso, and you buried your face. Warni's clothes weren't soft like Dal preferred. Instead a bit itchy and more textured.

But it was his.

And that was enough.

It was enough to know he was here, and he was real.

"HEY!" You jumped.

An airport cop was approaching. Warni whispered some kind of swear as they watched the cop try to push through the crowd. Within a minute, Dal and Warni had thrown all of your stuff into the car and the three of you were off.

"Warni." You breathed out as you stared into the rear view mirror. There stood the onlookers with their cameras, and the cop.

"Don't call me that shit in real life..." He hissed out, grinding his teeth. You'd never realized one of his canines was sharper than the other until now.

"Oh, right." Your brain kept focusing on all the wrong things. "It's been a day, sorry."

"Don't apologize either."

"Ah— Um..." Your brain was fried. "My— Ahem. My name's (Y/n)."

Warni didn't seem to expect you to be the one to introduce yourself first. His gaze flicked to you, and you smiled. A smile warm like sunshine.

"... Amonsak. Call me Amon."

"Amon, then."

Amon wanted to pull over and squeeze you until you clawed at him to let go. Why the fuck were you always so adorable? It drove him absolutely mad.

To the point he punched a dude for even touching you.

"So, uh," He coughed. "About that guy...? He wasn't, like, a friend or anything, right?"

A chill ran down your spine. "No... I-I don't—" You cleared your throat again. "I don't know who he was... I think— maybe he was one of Joshua's fans?" You scrunched your nose and thought over it solemnly.

"Had a pretty harsh grip on you, didn't he?" Amon's gaze flickered back to you again.

"I guess so. Wasn't there for long though." The tease had left your lips before you could reconsider. Luckily, Amon laughed. The wildfire that was his laugh roared, and you felt like ice within its presence.

Unconsciously, you shifted to get even more comfortable without caring much for safety. If you'd got into an accident now, you'd surely be in for some medical debt. But you didn't believe you'd get into an accident.

You felt safe with Wa— with Amon.