X , Philophobia

"I can't believe this is real life." Ari laughed as she laid her head next to yours.

"I know, right?" You mumbled, staring up at the blue sky filled with cumulonimbus clouds. The breeze rushing past and causing grass to tickle your skin.

"I'm friends with a big shot Twitch streamer." Ari announced proudly to the clouds.

"I'm not a big shot." You corrected with a laugh.

"Girl, don't sell yourself short. You're literally hanging with Claristo on a daily basis—fuckin' falling asleep on call with him no less—, you streamed with Covestry, Circute is calling you her wifey and gushing about you every st—"

"Circute gushes about me?" You interrupted GG's little monologue of praise.

"Yes!! She does! I should know, I get to sit through all of it!" GG laughed. "I mean, sure, I get jealous, but also goddamn it's so nice to have other people recognize how awesome you are!"

"I've taken a liking to Kurobo." Kai piped up as he took a bite of the food you all had prepared for this impromptu picnic. You'd woken up incredibly late from streaming with Claristo and had gathered everybody together. After all, you hadn't seen your friends in a week due to finals and streaming.

"That makes sense. Your vibes are the same." You commented.

"He's calming." Kai nodded. "I like to listen to his streams and study. He doesn't hurt my ears." Kai seemed very grateful for that.

"To be honest, he was pretty flirty with you too, for what it was worth from him." Ari pointed out, kicking one leg up over the other and resting her hands above her head.

"I think it's because miss philophobia over here loves to flirt with her friends." GG snickered.

"It's fun, kay?" You grinned cheekily. "Plus, I wanna let y'all know how much I absolutely adore you as I  root on your downfall." You pointed out in return.

"But, serious," Ari piped up again. "I think Claristo might genuinely have a thing for you."

This came as a shock to you, and you sat up to look down at Ari. Kai and GG didn't express surprise though. "Why would ya say that?" You asked curiously.

"Ah, you know my gut instinct."

"And how it's always right when it comes to the ways of the heart." GG piped up.

You fell silent, staring off harshly at the ground beside you. Watching as a ladybug climbed up a wildflower to greet a bumblebee. "... Can we... I don't want to talk about the possibility of Claristo having a crush on me."

Your friends exchanged looks. Then a silent agreement came between them. "Yeah! Sure!" GG sighed outwardly. "Bruh, lemme tell you about what my stupid ass professor said the other day—"

GG's words fell on deaf ears. The bumblebee buzzed around the ladybug, who'd made its place on the stem of the flower.

You wondered how such different creatures could become friends. Or if they could at all. If they could ever become more... Or would their relationship start and end in mutually assured destruction.