XXXVI , Dawn

Your body had become a statuette, unable to move from the soft comfort of its pedestal. The pedestal, of course, was your wondrous bed. Turns out, staying up for almost twenty hours straight hanging out with somebody wasn't the brightest idea.

But fuck, was it an absolutely marvelous time. A day—a night— you'd never dare to forget. You curled onto your side and took in such a deep breath you felt it in your lungs.

Dal...

Such a fitting name.

A ding from your phone caused a groan. So you reached out through sore muscles and grasped the device. Flopping on your back, you stared up at it.

Notifications. A flood of them. While you'd slowly gotten used to having this many, it still felt surreal when you thought about it.

At the top, one from Covestry.

2:56 PM
[ Covestry : Are you still going to Star Con? ]

4:23 PM
[ Heart : Yeah lol. I'll be flying out this Monday. ]

[ Covestry : Great :) ]

You hadn't expected such a fast reply, but you also supposed it was Covestry. She was quite professional.

Monday... You'd be attending your first convention as a content creator. You'd have a panel with your friends... A meet and greet...

Grinning, you held the phone close to your chest. Yeah, it was going to be as unforgettable as meeting Dal. Certainly. Because you'd all be there. In one place.

You couldn't wait to properly meet your friends. To feel their touch and know how their voice sounded. You wondered if they, too, would be as mystifying as Dal was? Certainly, right? None of your friends were unattractive.

Honestly, you'd go as far to say...

No.

That was weird.

It was wrong.

They were just your friends.

You couldn't handle falling for another friend.

... Could you...?