Chapter 101

I dropped down into an alley where I had spotted some suspicious activity. I walked down the dimly lit path to hear movement. I froze and got into a battle stance, "Show yourself, you piece of shit!" I shouted.

The cold atmosphere of the alley sent chills up my spine. The smell of rusting metal filled my nostrils from the rusted dumpster. I heard a chuckle and I froze as I looked around in search of the owner of the haunting sound.

I thought quickly as I spoke into my ear piece, "I have a situation. I need back-" I I was cut off by my comms stopping. I turned my earpiece off as I swore. The earpiece had ran out of battery.

I need to charge it up in the sun since it's solar powered but this alley is far too dark. "I said show yourself you piece of shit!" I seethed into the dark alley.

The chuckle came again, "Is that anyway to talk to me?" A deep voice rang out, echoing through the stone walls. I furrowed my brows and looked up to be met with a hooded figure.

They looked down at me from the fire escape and I scowled at their relaxed figure. "Who the fuck are you?" I said in a pointed tone.

They chuckled, "Why so aggressive? I thought you'd be happy to see me Jellybean." The voice spoke. My breath got caught in my throat and I let my guard down.

"Toto?" I muttered. He flicked his hood off and grinned down at me. My eyes widened as he spoke, "The one and only." He mused.

He jumped down from the fire escape and my eyes widened as my mouth fell agape. He had ditched the black dyed hair and his hair was now white.

His face was now no longer stitched with dead skin and instead, he had a natural look going on. The only thing he kept were the piercings in his ears and a diamond stud in his nostril.

I gasped and broke out into a huge grin as I crashed into him for a bone crushing hug. He chuckled and hugged me back. "You're you again." I muttered through tears.

He chuckled, "That I am. We have alot to talk about. Wanna grab a late lunch?" He asked me. It was 6 o'clock and my team and I were patrolling until 9 o'clock. I nodded my head wildly, "Hell yeah. I'm starving." I said as we walked out of the alley.

As we walked down the road, my earpiece slowly charged up. "How are you?" I asked him. He smiled a small unnoticeable smile that I somehow caught, "I'm better than I've ever been. I left the League and I'm not a villain anymore." He told me.

I smiled brightly, "That's amazing Toto! I'm so proud of you!" I gushed. He chuckled as he ruffled my hair. We walked into a Café and sat down at a booth.

Touya ordered a chocolate cake and a coffee and I ordered a strawberry one with a refresher. The waiter walked away and I spoke, "So what do you do now?" I asked him.

"I work at a jewlers. It pays pretty well and I'm going to buy a mansion soon." He told me as he leaned back in his seat. I beamed, "No way! That's awesome!" I praised him.

He chuckled, "Yeah well, I'm pretty happy about where I am right now. I changed my name back to Touya too." He informed me. I nodded and decided to speak as I leaned back in my booth, mirroring him.

"Do you ever plan on reuniting with Todo? I know it might be a bit much right now but I'm sure if you do decide to tell him in the future, he'll understand your motives on why you faked your death and y'know..." I trailed off.

He sighed as he looked off to the side, "Maybe one day. For now I'll keep it a secret." He said as the waiter bought our order. I nodded in understanding, "I'm here if you ever decide to do it though." I smiled as I thanked the waiter.