Chapter 122

As soon as I told Phantom that my voices were a pain in my neck, the voices flared up again. One voice let out a dramatic and offended gasp. "Oh- HEY!! WE VOICES ARE MORE HELPFUL THAN YOU COULD REALISE! Hmph-" A voice said. "Yeah!" Another chimed in. I just rolled my eyes and fully pushed the door open, walked in, and closed it behind me.

    "BLADE?!!? HUH- HOW-" Phantom sputtered in shock. "I noticed you weren't in your room so I figured you snuck off to work." I said in my usual monotone. On the outside, I was speaking in monotone, but on the inside, I was almost struggling to contain my laughter. Almost.

   "Bu- Huh-" He sputtered. It was like he had trouble comprehending that he had been caught. I laughed internally, and so did the voices. I resisted a smile as I sat down in a chair in front of his desk. I looked over at his laptop and the papers which were scattered all over his desk. I read the first few lines of the paper which he was also reading, and my eyes widened in shock.

    "You're working on... the Festival?" I said, still a bit shocked. "Yeah... I've got the decorations taken care of, all the food arrangements too-" He said, but I cut him off. "Phantom... I don't think it's good for you to work on the Festival..." I said, and I heard worry and concern sprinkling my voice as I spoke.

    "What?!!? Why?!!?" He said in shock. I sighed internally, knowing he wouldn't have taken it well. "Well..." I said, and I looked off to the side. I didn't exactly have the courage at the moment to look at him directly.

    "You shouldn't focus on Sally too much, it's not good for your mental health..." I said, then looked at the disposable coffee cup with a lid on the corner of his desk. A thought quickly entered my head and I whipped around to look at the coffee maker on the table which was next to the bookshelf. I quickly realized what Phantom did.

    "How many refills did you have-?!!?" I asked in shock. Knowing Phantom, he probably didn't have only one cup of coffee. Plus, the coffee brewer was currently making even more coffee. I heard Phantom sigh, and I looked at him with an expectant look on my face. My mask wasn't currently on, I had moved it to the side because it was just me and Phantom.

    "I think... twenty-five?" He said sheepishly, and my eyes widened in shock. "TWE- TWENTY-FIVE?!!?" I sputtered. Like I said, my mask wasn't on right now, it was moved to the side of my face. The voices immediately started being worried for Phantom.

    "Dang Phantom, you could die from having that much coffee." A voice said in shock. "WHAT-?!!?" Another voice replied. "Yeah, caffeine overdose." A third voice said. "Phantom will die from that much coffee." A fourth voice said. "Uhm, well bye-bye, Phantom!" A fifth voice said. "Why would you say that-?!" A sixth voice said. More voices voiced their concern for Phantom, until one voice said something.

    "Coffee diet." A voice said, causing all the other voices to go silent. "Valid diet." They continued, and I shook my head and focused on Phantom. "Phantom, you're going to stop working. Now." I said firmly. "What?!!? B-But-" he said as he panicked.

That was when he completely broke down.