Chapter 18

After some jumping and running, the trio soon arrived at the meeting place. They could have just teleported there, but Tubbo wanted to walk to see what was going on in the district. Tubbo was laughing with joy while he was jumping around, probably because he hadn't been outside in so long, which made both Ranboo and Tommy smile. Once they opened the door to the old factory, they were immediately pulled in and hands were covering their mouths.

    Tubbo immediately panicked, but Ranboo and Tommy were calm. "Password?" Someone said. "Did you get a whoppa?" Tommy said, very close to laughing and knowing exactly who it was. "OH MY GOD, SHUT UP!" The same voice said, lightly punching Tommy. "But that isn't the password though Tommy." Jack said smugly.

    "But we should make that the password though." Tommy whined as he tried to kick Jack and succeeded. Then he noticed Ranboo trying to calm Tubbo down. Tommy immediately panicked and quickly went over to Ranboo. "What happened to Tubbo?!" He panicked, and everybody else in the room was shocked when they heard that Tubbo was with them.

    "Well, when Jack put his hand over Tubbo's mouth, Tubbo panicked, now I'm trying to get him to calm down." Ranboo said, patting Tubbo's back while glaring at Jack. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I wanted to check if you were vigilantes or heroes. Recently heroes have been visiting the lower districts for some reason." Jack said, now concerned for Tubbo.

    After they got Tubbo to calm down, which didn't take too long, they started the meeting. They all gathered around a rather large table and Nihachu started speaking. "Ok, so we need someone to apply for the new job at the hero headquarters in the main part of the city." Nihachu said, pointing to the main part of L'Manburg on a map. 

    "But why though?" Tommy asked, clearly confused. "Well, we need one of us to tell all of us what the heroes are planning so we can always be one step ahead of them." Nihachu said with a small smile. "Ok, so which one of us should go?" Ranboo said. "Well, I can't go, I'd be easily recognizable due to my eyes." Eret said, pointing out his eyes. "Same here." Bad said.

    "I was thinking that we go over the qualifications and see which one of us fits them best." Bad said. "Well, us heroes can't go, because we already work there, and they might get suspicious of us." Purpled pointed out. "Hmm ok. So Purpled, Niki, Bad, and Eret can't go." Jack said. 

    "Actually, I was thinking Tommy should go." Niki said. "Wait, me?" Tommy said, pointing to him as Niki nodded. "You're already familiar with Ph1lzA and The Blade, so how hard can it be?" Niki said in a matter-of-fact tone. "But Niki, you know how much I hate those heroes." Tommy whined as Ranboo and Tubbo tried to comfort him.

    "I know Tommy, but we have to do this if we want to be ahead of the heroes." Niki said, patting his hand from across the table. "Fine, but what about my job at the cafe?" Tommy says. "I won't get fired, right?" Tommy says, worry lacing his voice. "Uhm, actually I don't think I've thought about that yet." Niki says, looking at the floor.

    "Well, I have!" Bad piped up, his face lighting up. "So, on the days you don't work at the headquarters, or during the shifts you don't work, you can choose to work at the cafe or rest!" Bad said happily. "Perfect!" Tommy and Niki said at the same time. "So, you'll do it?" Niki asked Tommy.

    "Yes, I'll do it." He says, rolling his eyes playfully. After deciding about patrols and who patrolled when, they started to bring the meeting to a close. "Ok Tommy, the interviews for assistant at the Hero's Headquarters are going to start around this Wednesday, so be prepared, ok? Wear your nicest clothes, take a shower, stuff like that." Bad said. Tommy nodded and the meeting was about to come to a close when a voice shouted something that made them all freeze.

"FREEZE AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"