Chapter 52

Tommy let out a scream as he got tackled to the floor. He tried his best to wrestle against what attacked him, but couldn't seem to put his hands on them, they were too fast. After a quick moment of struggling, Tommy felt something press against his neck so he held his breath and quit moving, but Clementine immediately shot out of Tommy's grip and did the weirdest thing. They became very small in size and cuddled whatever was against his neck. Tommy immediately got up and adjusted the lights to be brighter. When he saw what was against his neck, his jaw dropped.

    It. Was. A. Duck. The duck was white, with a yellow beak. The duck had pressed its beak against his neck, and Tommy had thought it was a fricking weapon. Tommy shook himself firmly and squatted down to look at the duck, which was now on the floor. "Hey, little guy!" Tommy said as he scooped up the duck, and stroked its small head with one finger. The duck seemed to hesitate for a second, but then it leaned into Tommy's touch.

    Tommy laughed quietly and securely put him in one of his belt's pouches. "This will be a perfect gift for Tubbo!" he whispers, and Clementine moves up and down as if they were nodding to agree with Tommy. Tommy got up and dusted himself off. "Well, let's take our leave, ok?" He says to Clementine, and they float into his open hand. Clementine cuts a large hole in the door, and the hole was big enough for him to go through and escape, so he did just that.

The real trouble started after he left the room.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I carefully lower a duck into the room. Once the duck softly hits the floor, I immediately unravel the string and pull it up through the vent. Phantom looks at the duck with a look of doubt on his pale face. "You sure that's going to work?" He asks.

    "It's a foolproof plan, of course, it will work!" I say as I grab the remote. "This robot duck is the exact copy of the real duck that you have, so I can control it using the remote and I can see and hear what's going on around it by the microphone in his beak and the cameras in his eyes." I explain as I push a button on the remote, making it power on.

    The duck then leaps on the vigilante, and the vigilante lets out a scream. I could see Phantom smile from the corner of my eye once he heard the vigilante's scream. I then take out a small screen and try to look at the camera, but nothing is there. "It's just static!" I say as I show Phantom, making his eyes widen. 

    I try the microphone, and it's the same result. Just static. We both watch as the vigilante leaves the room, then we drop down from the vent and land quietly on the ground. "WHY DIDN'T IT WORK!?!? DID WE GIVE HIM THE REAL DUCK?!!?" Phantom asks me, and I stare off into space.

    "BLADE, ANSWER ME!" Phantom said, placing one hand on each of my shoulders and shaking me firmly. I knew how important that duck was to Phantom. That was one of the only things he had left from his best friend, so it made sense that he would be very angry if he lost the duck.

    I just looked at the floor, unable to say a word. I could feel his grip tighten and his breath hitch. This moment lasts only for a second, however, because he immediately runs to the door. "Come on, we still have to catch him!" He says to me, motioning for me to hurry up. Not too long after, we find the boy, who was ready to jump out of a window and escape. Phantom walks up to him silently and places both his hands on the boy's shoulders.

"Where do you think you're going?~"