Chapter 24

Tommy woke up in a panic. He frantically looked around, then looked at his beaten-up alarm clock. The time was 6:00 AM, and Tommy let out a sigh of relief. The interviews started at 10:00 AM. He had had a nightmare where he was late to the interview and the Heroes Headquarters were already closed. Everybody was disappointed in him, he let down everyone and missed his chance to be a step ahead of the heroes.

    He took a few deep breaths to make an effort to calm down, then went to the kitchen to get some water. As he walked to the kitchen, he started to think a lot. "I should take a shower probably." He muttered to himself as he reached for a glass. "And do something with my hair." He thought as he took a sip of the refreshing water.

    After drinking the water, it was still dark outside. "I'll just go on a walk to clear my head." Tommy thought as he put on his shoes and opened the apartment door and went downstairs. Puffy seemed to be asleep because she wasn't at the front desk. He quietly slipped out of the apartment and took a deep breath of the not-so-fresh air. There was a lot of trash in the corners, so the air smelled a bit bad, but not too bad.

    He started walking and looked around. He noticed a dark figure lurking in the alley ahead of him, but he ignored it. As he passed by the alley, the dark figure immediately launched towards him and put a hand over his mouth. He tried to call out, but no one was out at this time, and the criminal's hand was over his mouth. He tried to escape the figure's strong grip but failed. He then noticed three figures on the roof and tried to see who it was, but it was too dark to see anything. I tried to snap my head back, but I couldn't move. The figure then put tape on his mouth and was finishing tying his wrists together behind his back when the person fell backward.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    "Why are we out so early? Shouldn't we be preparing for the interview?" I asked as we jumped across rooftops. "Yeah, but we still have around four hours and everybody else is already setting up so we're fine." Ph1lzA said. I rolled my eyes and looked over the edge of the next rooftop. It looked like two figures were struggling, and I motioned to the other two and we all looked closer. I was shocked.

    "T-Timothy?!" I stuttered in disbelief. "Wait, that's the kid?!" Blade asked, surprised. "Yeah, that's Timothy! We need to help him!" I panicked. I watched as Timothy tried to snap his head back, but he couldn't. A second later, I became fully phantom, and I came behind the criminal and hit their head. Hard. The criminal fell backwards, and I stepped out of the way as the figure hit their head on the hard brick wall. As they lost consciousness, I went to help Timothy, but he was already up off the ground. 

    He had already unraveled the knot and the rope was on the floor. I looked up to see Timothy sneering at the criminal in disgust. "W-wait how did you get out of that knot?! I thought he tied your wrists together really tightly." I said. Timothy instantly looked at me. "Oh, of course it's you." Timothy said, rolling his eyes. 

    "What?" I said, confused. "You heroes are just way too proud to mind your own business, aren't you?" He said, crossing his arms. "What do you mean?" I said as Ph1lzA and Blade jumped down to see what was going on. "I could have taken him out on my own." He huffed. "But he was about to knock you out kid." Ph1lzA said, taking a small step forward and placing a hand on my shoulder. 

    "No, he wasn't. I was just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Usually when criminals do this, they'll get distracted and that's your chance to strike." Timothy said, looking annoyed as he dusted his hands off. "But we saved you before a vigilante did though!" Phantom said, and Blade seemed to have noticed something as his eyes widened. Timothy just laughed. "Look behind you idiots." Timothy said.

    Behind us, on the roof, was a figure with wings that were almost as big as Ph1lzA's. Everybody except Timothy's jaw dropped as they looked in fascination. "I thought I was the only avian." Ph1lzA muttered. "Oh, there are plenty more avians out there." Timothy said. I turned to see Timothy looking smug and as he was about to leave, I told him something. "Wait you still didn't tell me how you escaped the knot!" I said. He rolled his eyes.

"The knot was loose; it was pretty easy."