Chapter 85

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. Everyone else was also awake, no one could sleep for some reason. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Then I heard it. My eyes widened and I sat up immediately as my chest tightened. Part of me wanted to block the sounds out, but the other part of me wanted to listen so I could maybe find out where my son, my champion, was.

   "Can I go back to Papa, please? I don't like it here, it smells like rotten cheese." I heard Fundy say. My chest tightened and my eyes widened. "Why? Don't you like being with Mama? Am I not good enough? Do you think your Papa is better than me?" Sally said, and boiling rage filled up inside of me. The next thing I knew, I was in Mum and Dad's room.

    I heard someone call my name, but I couldn't hear them. I was focused on the conversation my son and ex-wife were having. "Sally is trying to manipulate my son." I realized with a sinking heart. "I know I'm young, but my mind is well beyond my years." I heard Fundy say, and I smiled. I was glad Fundy realized she was trying to manipulate him. My eyes then flew open in shock as I heard them fight, and then Sally hit Fundy with something made of metal. "No. No. No. No." I repeated as tears started forming in my eyes. It was torture to hear my little champion get hurt.

Then everything went black.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I watched as Kristin put Wilbur to sleep. Earlier, Techno had gone to Wilbur's room to find him staring at nothing with his eyes wide. We immediately understood that he was hearing Fundy, so we brought him to Kristin and I's room. Since Kristin had the power to control life and death, she could also put people to sleep if she focused enough. All she had to do was carefully suck a bit of life out of Wilbur, and he would fall asleep. But if she sucked too much life out of him, he could be put in a coma, or he could die. Later, when he woke up, she would put the life she sucked out of Wilbur back into Wilbur.

    "My baby..." She mumbled as she ran her hand through Wilbur's hair. "Will he be alright?" Techno asked, and Kristin looked up. "He's barely gotten any sleep... hopefully he sleeps for a long time, he needs the rest." Kristin said, and I sat down next to her. "Where do you think Fundy could be?" Techno asked.

    "I don't know mate, all we know is that he's with Sally." I said, and Techno nodded as he pulled out his black notebook and quickly wrote something in it. I leant a bit closer to Techno, but couldn't read the white words on the black cover. Lately, he had been keeping it closer than ever. Kristin let out a sigh as she ran her hand through Wilbur's hair. I kissed her cheek lightly and hugged her. I quietly said something to her, and she nodded, but I could tell she was still worried.

"It'll be alright, my love."