Chapter 30

The first test was not what Tommy was expecting. The first test was multiple escape rooms. The large group Tommy was in was split up into groups of 9 and then led into separate rooms. As soon as Tommy's group got into the room, the door automatically closed and locked which caused most of the group to jump. Tommy started to look around the room.

    On the sidewalls, there were spikes. And the spikes were getting closer to the middle by every passing second. There was sand on the floor, and the walls seemed to be made out of rock. In the center of the large room, there was a large two-sided hammer attached to a piece of wood. Tommy stepped closer to the hammer, then felt something fall on him.

    It was sand. The sand was falling from a crack in the roof, and Tommy told the rest of the group. There were seven more escape rooms after this, and they had to complete it all within an hour. "Hey, look, there's a door here!!" A girl in the group said, pointing to a door that had bricks covering it. "Ok!" Everybody in the group said, and they started to work together to escape.

    Tommy and another man tried to take the hammer, but it was firmly attached to the wood. Tommy looked around the room for more clues, and then he found one. "Guys, something is telling us to enter the password!" Tommy yelled to the rest of the group, and the group came rushing over.

    "Well, we need four numbers, so we should start looking for clues." Someone said, and the rest of the group made sounds of approval. After a while of looking, Tommy felt something shift under his feet and looked down at the sand. Something seemed to be poking through, and Tommy shifted the sand so he could see what it was.

    It was a piece of paper with four numbers on it! "Hey everyone, I found the code!" Tommy yelled and everybody asked what it was. Tommy read the paper. "It says the code is 1970." Tommy said, and someone rushed to put in the password. The machine said the password was correct, and something moved in the middle.

    Tommy rushed to the two-sided hammer and pulled on it. It wasn't stuck anymore! Tommy immediately rushed towards the door and used it to break down the wall. After a few swings, the wall was broken! Tommy and everyone else jumped through the exit and saw a few stairs.

    "I guess we need to climb the stairs to get to the next escape room, huh." Tommy mumbled as he and the rest of the group climbed the flight of stairs and opened the large door. Once again, as they stepped inside, the door closed and locked. Tommy looked around the escape room and once again examined it.

    The room was upside down. Everyone was walking on the roof, and there was a locked door on the other side. "Maybe we need a key to unlock the door this time." Tommy thought as he examined the door and saw a keyhole. After walking around a few more times, Tommy started to look for clues while thinking about something.

"One down, seven more to go."