Chapter 135

I listened to Sally as she talked to Fundy. "Your Papa doesn't love you anymore!" Sally said, then burst into laughter. I grit my teeth and gripped my desk in anger as I stood up, causing my chair to be pushed back a bit.

    "Georgiana, he's given up on you!" She said. I knew I should stop listening, but I couldn't. It was tearing me apart to listen to my ex-wife torturing my darling son. I knew his mouth was still stitched up, otherwise, he would have definitely talked back. I smiled a bit as I thought about the memories Fundy and I had.

    "But I haven't," Sally said, and my eyes widened. This crazy woman had already taken everything I used to have from me, I was not going to let her take my only son away from me. "Fundy is too young for this..." I thought in sadness. I decided to keep on listening. It's not like I had much of a choice anyways. I couldn't stop listening.

    "You know, if you leave your stupid Papa behind, you can be with me! I'll take very good care of you... I won't torture you anymore..." She said and I heard her blow something out. "You could be my perfect little daughter!" She said, and I scoffed.

    "Oh please," I muttered in annoyance. "But you would have to leave this... nonsense behind," Sally said, her voice dripping with disgust. I gripped my desk harder, and I looked around for my special box. "This idiotic piece of absolute crap can't process the fact that my child is a boy. Ugh." I thought as I found it in one of my drawers.

    "Darling, what can I do to prove that your Papa doesn't care? Look, if he did, he would have saved you by now." Sally said and I heard Fundy sniffle. I immediately took out a lighter and opened the box as I tried to block Sally out. "How dare she make my lovely Fundy cry?!" I thought with rage. "Aww, baby don't cry..." Sally said, and I froze as the box fell out of my hands and I heard it hit my desk.

    "No..." I muttered as my eyes widened in shock. I felt tears prick my eyes and I bring a hand up to my head and buried it in my hair. "Oh god, Fundy, please don't listen to her..." I muttered as my vision became blurry. I heard her walk away and I sighed with relief. Then I heard Fundy cry more freely. His sniffles were now more frequent, and my heart broke as I listened to his sobs.

    "Oh, darling..." I muttered as a tear fell out of my eye. I immediately picked the box and the lighter up as I walked away from my desk. I went to a door which was in my office, but it didn't lead to the hallway. Instead, it opened up to another room. I opened it and made sure to close it behind me.

    I let out a sigh as I went over to the balcony. I looked down to see a view of the city below me. I put the lighter on the table next to me, and looked inside the box and pulled out a cigarette. That's what the box was.

A box of cigarettes.