Prologue , The Girl & The Dark

Alone, a girl sat in her room. Curled up in a blanket and bunched entirely over her desk. Her eyes bore into the bright lit screen of which made the dark room fade away. Echoes of laughter reverberated through her bones and lit up her heart.

"Fuuuuck!!! Don't do me like this! Please, mercy! MERCY!" Screamed a young man, likely no older than she. One that made her worries go away with a simple 'hello hello~'.

She smiled as the death screen appeared. Shifting to click a few buttons.

[ Heartra tipped 15 USD ]
[ deserved ]

"What the fuck?! Heart!" The man whined at the donation she'd sent in. The girl snorted and laid her head back down on the desk. "I swear to god you better be ready to square up one of these days!" He called an empty threat into the microphone.

And you felt at peace, for however brief those moments were. You, the girl sat alone in her room, donating to streamers who didn't even know your real name... You, who'd confided in strangers for comfort and guidance since you'd acquired a phon.

A deep sigh left your lips as the streamer raided somebody else. Sitting up and leaning back into your office chair, you silently judged the person you'd been sent to.

"Huh?! Omg!-" You couldn't believe someone had said 'omg' aloud "-Thank you so much Claristo for the raid!!!" She giggled happily. "Hi Twitch frogs! My names Circute! We're playing in a tournament right now-"

The chat was what had your eyes. Everybody was so nice and excited. Even those who you didn't recognize from Claristo's chat. Getting lost in the flow of messages and donations, a thought slowly bubbled up,

'What if I tried streaming?'

And you wondered, quietly, why hadn't you thought of that before?