What the Frik are the Naruto Characters Doing Here? Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Kakashi pov:

Everyone was up later the next morning, and the first thing we notice when we exit is Alyson on her hands with her legs straight up in the sky. She turns her heads when she hears us and smiles. “Morning guys!”

“Morning?” we all murmur to her, still confused by her pose. Kiba asks her, “Um, Alyson…what are you doing?”

“Oh! I’m going to front handsprings down the stairs, not to be confused with front flips,” Alyson cheers with an optimistic spirit. “But I was just getting use to being on my hands. Ready now!”

So, Alyson starts doing those front handsprings stair by stair until she’s out of our sights. We begin following her down, but not ten seconds later, we here a thump, a yelp, and a crash. Kiba rushes down, concern plastered on his face, and I hurry myself to see what’s wrong. When we get down, Kiba’s sitting next to Alyson, who’s rubbing her head while a vase lay crashed on the floor. “Ow… Kami, damn it! Mother’s going to flip out when she sees that vase broken! Ah well, she’s not going to be for a few more weeks or months anyways.”

“Are you hurt?” Kiba presses, but Alyson shrugs. “My head hurts a lot, but I’ll live! Breakfast!”

And like nothing had ever happened, Alyson jumps up and skips on into the kitchen. How does that spirit of hers always stay upbeat when her sisters are so…negative? Kami knows what’s going on in that girl’s head.

We hear a groan then see Matsuri rise up from the couching, rolling her shoulders and stretching her muscles, and grumbling something like, “Kami damned couch…made me sore…”

“Told you so,” smirks Gaara since her heard her complaint. Matsuri shoots daggers at him with her fierce eyes. “Go. To. Hell. And Alyson, why did you break mother’s favorite vase?!”

“Hey, I didn’t do it on purpose,” Alyson snaps at her, and Matsuri just shakes her head at Alyson, who rolls her eyes.

Matsuri pov:

“Matsuri, it’s your turn to pick our game today,” Tsukii reminds after breakfast. I sigh and curse under my breath while Naruto repeats, “Game?”

“Every Saturday, the three of us do a sport to be active. We’re lazy all other times, so we decided to so something active on the weekends,” Tsukii explains then turns back to me. “Well?”

“I don’t know. Baseball?” I randomly suggest, and Tsukii and Alyson nod. Alyson notes, “You always seem to pick baseball. And when not baseball, soccer or volleyball. You always pick sports where you get to hit something.”

“That’s the fun in it,” I inform her, doing a ‘duh’ expression. Gaara tells me, “You do have anger management problems.”

“Well you killed people!” I counter without thinking. He just narrows his eyes at me while Alyson nudges me, giving me a ‘be-nice-for-once’ look. I shrug. At least I can release all my contained anger of the week on to the ball…which will have a certain someone who annoys me to hell’s face on it…in my mind, of course. This was gonna be fun.

Alyson pov:

“So how do you play this game? Baseball?” Kakashi inquires to me as Tsukii brushes off our bases and Matsuri makes our metal bats are good to go. I turn to the guys and elaborate, “It’s simple, really. One of us will pitch the ball like so. Matsuri, heads up!” I a pitch to her, and she catches then pitches it back to me, so I catch it. “But you won’t catch it. You’ll hit it with a bat, like so.” I toss a ball up then do a perfect swing, and Tsukii catches the ball. “Once it’s out there, run for first base, which is where Tsukii is now. Only one person can be on a base at a time, okay? And every time someone hits on your team, you run for the next until home base, which is where you start, and then you get a run. Miss it three times, you get a strike and are out. If you hit the ball out of the park: first, you get a homerun; second, you go get it when we’re done. When you’re in the outfield, you just try to catch the ball then pass it to a person on one of the plates, to get the runner out, but you have to tag them, not throw the ball at them. Again, three outs and our teams switch. If you get a foul ball, which go sideways off the field, you start batting again. Hmm…I think that’s it. Got it?”