What the frik are all the Naruto Characters doing here? Chapter 11

Chapter 12 will be longer. By a lot. Sorry for taking so long.

Chapter 11

Matsuri POV

I’m trying to sleep, I really am, but I can’t.  Damn it. Who knew one little noise could piss a person off so much?

Drip

Drip

Drip

Drip

Drip

I roll over onto my stomach and bury my head into the couch, trying to block out the noise of the dripping faucet. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

“Imma kill it!” I vent to the couch pillow angrily.

“If you’re referring to the annoying dripping, please do. But killing is very bad,” A deep, resonating voice murmurs, interrupting my rant.

“You are so not one to effin talk, Gaara. Wait… what the Hell are you doing here?” I hiss, glaring at the corner of the room where he sat, smirking smugly, messing with his sand.

“Getting you back from when you….startled me during the movie. Don’t you love the irony in my sand, Matsuri?” He asks me suddenly, his sand sliding across the floor.

“Sand means courage, but it also means ‘still moments in ones life.’ I find that whenever a person is confronted with my sand the only still moment in their life at the time is filled with fear and cowardice.” His sand reaching me and moving to form a band around my neck.

“Are you trying to intimidate me? Because you don’t scare me. You can’t scare me. You’re too, you.” I scowl, glancing at my new ‘necklace’. The sand withdraws from my neck and turns off the faucet.

“You’re so much like Naruto,” he mutters, drawing his sand close to him again. He looks so alone. Poor panda.

“Come here, panda Chan,” I gesture to the foot of the couch. He glares at me but scoots over to the couch.

“ ’Tis okay to be untrusting and lonely sometimes. You never know what’s real, huh? Not much is, after all, as the quote goes “All the worlds a stage and the men and women are merely players”.” I comfort, wincing at my analogy.

“Kami…. You used that quote in class today. Twice. You really lack originality.  But you’re right. Nothing ever seems real. How do I know that if I fall asleep I won’t wake up and find out you all are a dream?” He whispers in a mocking voice.

“I guess it’s a good thing you have insomnia, huh?” I joke nervously.

“Don’t make jokes. You’re not funny enough. I don’t have insomnia either, you know that if I sleep the Shukaku will get out,” he mutters angrily. Ouch. Initiating plan A.

“The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep at night.  Maybe it can’t stop tomorrow from stealing all my time…” I sing softly, continuing my favorite song from Lifehouse.

He glares at me, his eyes glazed over. I pull on his arm and walk him upstairs to my room, grab a teddy bear and lead him to his bed in his room. Deidara looks up in confusion, shakes his head, and falls back asleep.

“As long as you have friends around, the Shukaku will never escape, Gaara. You’re stronger than that.” I whisper quietly as he closes his eyes and falls asleep for the first time in at least 15 years.

I slip out of their room and stumble back to the stairs, before I pause outside of Alyson’s room.

“Kibaaaaaaa….” She yawns in her sleep. Good for her. She’s falling in love. But I’m not that stupid. Am I?