In This World, It's Just Us

Vale's P.O.V.

It's been three months since Anakin and I killed my father.

The Separatists practically disbanded, and the Republic has elected Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan as the new Supreme Chancellor. The Republic is back to his formal democracy once again. Though, nothing is the same anymore because of Anakin and I.

The prophecy of the one to bring balance and destroy the Sith has been fulfilled by Anakin. It just so happen that I fulfilled another prophecy in the Jedi Order. I am the chosen one to break century long traditions and bring a new Era to the Jedi Order.

It's crazy for me to think I've changed the Jedi Order and I sense Anakin finding it difficult to believe Qui-Gon was right about him being the chosen one. We now both carry something on our shoulders that I know no one else will understand besides us. It feels like only yesterday I was regretting breaking Jedi Codes, and Anakin was uneasy about taking on the responsibility of bringing balance to the force.

Now that has all changed; Jedi Codes are now changed, and the galaxy is in balance. With all that has happened, I feel the heartache of killing my father and the family my mother spent years to create. There's a weight on my shoulders from being responsible for their deaths, and lately it's been creeping into my mind.

"Not having cold feet, are you?"

Padme teases, making me blink my thoughts away and turn to look at her. She's behind me, fixing my veil with a soft smile on her lips. We're in a tent near the Jedi Temple and I'm sure the streets are filling up with people.

"Not at all..." I sigh and turn to look at myself in the mirror. "I'm just... Thinking..."

"You did the right thing, V."

Ahsoka speaks up from sensing what's on my mind and I turn to smile at her in thanks. Standing up from the chair she's sitting on in the tent, Ahsoka walks toward me with a genuine smile. My smile widens at her, it feels like only yesterday I met her on top of Jedi Temple's roof.

She returned to the Jedi Temple with Maul as her prisoner days after we defeated Darth Sidious. When she heard the changes the Jedi Order has made, she rejoined. We have granted her a Jedi Knight and it won't be long until she's a Master.

"You've done the galaxy a great deal of honor." Ahsoka assures me while coming to stand beside me and messing with the pearl necklace around my neck. "... Nothing you have done has been in vain."

"Hey boss, sorry to..."

Gitt, a clone from my unit, comes walking into the tent casually but halts when his eyes find me. One of the first things Bail Organa did as Supreme chancellor was disbanding the clone army. However, he allowed any clone to stay as a guard for the Republic or the Jedi Order if they wanted.

Many clones stayed, more than we expected. So the Jedi Order and Republic have made programs to train clones as Jedi and political figures. Not only that, but planets across the galaxy have voted on a program to help the clones find their independence and make a life for themselves.

My team, however, chose to stay at the Jedi Temple as guards. We stationed Gitt and Cruli outside the tent as security guards until the ceremony begins. Gitt's mouth hangs open at the sight of me before shaking his head a stumbling for words.

"V- Vale... I... I'm sorry to disturb you, but there is a woman outside demanding to see you now."

"Who is it?" Padme asks curiously while letting go of the edge of my veil. In the next second, we hear Cruli from outside of the tell call out. "Her name is Alina-"

"Madam Tine knows who I am!" We hear a woman snap at Cruli before storming into the tent. My eyes go wide when seeing Alina from the Village on Spira. Her mouth drops at the sight of me and she sighs in awe. "Oh... Madam... You most beautiful bride I've ever seen."