Problematic

Vale's P.O.V.

"As the designated regent of fifteen hundred systems." I hear the duchess announce to her counsel as Kenobi, Skywalker and I enter the room. "I speak for thousands of worlds that have urged me to allow them to stay neutral in this war."

"And yet." Obi-Wan speaks up by my side as we enter the room. "Some might argue that the strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense."

Anakin and I share a look as we walk further into the room. Passing the duchess's advisors, the three of us come closer to where Satine is sitting. We just sent Skywalker's clone squad to check the cargo part of the ship as we travel to Coruscant.

R2-D2 is with them now scanning cargo for any detection of the Death Watch. We suspect Death Watch will try to stop Satine from pleading her case to the Senate to stay neutral. Folding my arms, I glance around the room of council members as Satine blurts out loud.

"You are quite the General now, aren't you, Master Kenobi?"

"Forgive me for interrupting, your highness." He says while lifting a hand. "I meant no disrespect."

"Really?" Satine says in a sarcastic tone, making me look back up at where she's seated. Tilting my head curiously at her, I watch her announce to her companions. "Senators, I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Your highness is too kind." Obi-Wan clenches his fists and spits out, trying to stay polite. She looks down at herself and nods while agreeing. "You're right. I am."

My brows scrunch at her attitude. We're literally protecting her and she's acting as if we're a burden. Which I don't need from her. I'm already pushing it by being in the same room as Obi-Wan. For a second, I wish it was two years ago when things were simple and easy.

"Allow me to introduce my fellow Jedi Anakin Skywalker." Obi-Wan glances around the room, waving his hand at Anakin. When he peers at me, he's silent for a moment, as if he's trying to figure out what my main ranking title is. "... And General Master Valera Palpatine."

"I remember a time when Jedi were not Generals..." Satine sighs while a glance at me and Obi-Wan. "But peacekeepers."

"We are protectors, highness. Yours at the moment." Anakin points out in a polite tone. "We fight for peace."

"What an amusing contradiction."

Satine smiles and rubs her chin as if she's mocking us. I uncross my arms and rest my hands on my hips, feeling disrespected by her. Stepping closer to where she sits, I announce letting everyone in the room hear my authoritative tone.

"What's amusing about it?" Tilting my head and raising an eyebrow. "We've been peacekeepers for thousands of years, but because we've been at war for a year now, all those years before don't matter anymore?"

"Vale." Obi-Wan rests a hand on my shoulder. Without looking at him, I shove his hand off and state. "Kenobi, I got this... Duchess. It's because of us you are able to keep your precious point of view on war. Without us fighting against the Separatists, you'd be forced to comply with them or die fighting them. This amusing contradiction to you is what's keeping your neutral status relevant."

"What Master Palpatine and Skywalker mean is..." Obi-Wan quickly announces while glaring at me. "That we are acting at the behest of your highness to protect you from the death watch and the separatists who don't share your neutral point of view."

"I asked for no such thing."

Satine argues, and I feel my blood boil. This duchess might be the worst one I've ever met and I've met a lot of rulers and Senator figures in my time. Clenching my fists, I turn to look at Obi-Wan, silently asking what the hell is her problem.